Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Know. It's Been a While... AGAIN!

I know it's been a while since I blogged about anything. Not too much has happened, but then again, a lot has. I suppose it would depend on how you look at it.

So, picture this....

A place where one could go during the day for the tastiest baked treats on the planet, prepared by the most awesome mad scien... I mean baker in the state. A place where one will find absolutely NO mainstream (Pepsi, Coke) products to drink, but rather a wide array of mixed nonalcholic drinks and what I lovingly call "microsodas". A venue to sing karaoke...A place where one can enjoy the adventures of the video game challenge, or a poetry and story night... even DJ dancing to various genres throughout the month.... a place where one can enjoy a party dressed in their Alice in Wonderland best or time warp with Rocky.....

All while never having to deal with the drunks or risk getting a DUI while going home.....

Now, I know there are a lot of people who think that they HAVE to have alcohol to have a good time, but what if you're underage? Yeah, well, that's where The Silent G comes in. All ages all the time to enjoy pretty much anything one can find in a regular bar and then some.

Now, The Silent G isn't open for business yet as it is still in the planning stages. Who am I kidding. It's been in the planning stages for about five years now. I have been dreaming of this for so long that I can almost taste it. My friend (the mad scie...baker) is excited about this, too. We've gone so far as to look at a few places, and I think that I'll be ready to open in the early spring.

How about your thoughts, opinions and whatnot. Constructive criticism is always welcome, but please don't downright knock my idea down. I can't stomach naysayers.... I know it is going to be a long, tough road, and one that may end in failure, but nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that.

I am looking forward to all the hard work and fun that this will entail. Sure, the economy is rough right now, but I also believe that this will be a great project. Let me know what you think!

::endtransmission::

2 comments:

  1. It hasn't happened yet, but the thoughts are always still in the back of my mind... My life is taking a strange new direction...

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....