Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Birds of a Feather...

Last night was very warm and for the first time this season I slept with my windows open. I enjoy the warm breeze in the evening that comes to clear my house of negative energy replacing it with the energies of the earth around me. And the earth surrounding me is very peaceful indeed.

I awoke this morning to the sounds of birds chirping and they were so loud that they sounded like they were right outside my window. As it turns out, they were. There was one ordinary bird attempting to build a nest under the awning over my bedroom window.

I quietly watched him for several minutes being careful not to make any noise to scare him away. I watched as the twig he carefully laid down fell to the ground. Unperturbed by this, I watched as he flew down, picked it up and brought it back to the very shallow ledge upon which he was trying to start his nest.

I watched again as the twig fell back down to the ground. Still not bothered by this, I observed this determined winged friend fly back down and attempt to reset the twig in his new home. For several minutes I watched this bird. And for several minutes this bird attempted to set the same twig.

I decided to quietly go and get my camera so to capture the moment, but my movement scared the poor little thing away. I took a few pictures of his progress and will continue to do so if he decides to go back and finish.

As with anything else, I always try to find the parallels to things such as this in my own life both vanilla and lifestyle. The lesson learned from this determined feathered friend is to never give up...

Even if someone scares you away....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....