Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Monday, January 2, 2017

A Week In

Well, the first week of this diabetic chaos has been enlightening.  I've been taking my medication, eating properly, and doing as much as I can to tackle the beast.  So far, it's been working well.

My numbers are down to the hundreds, which is good.  There are times when I feel like I've had to starve myself to get there, but that's not the case.  Things I've eaten are very healthy and full of flavor.  They just happen to be low in calories.  Just this week alone, I have lost 6 pounds.  I'm excited about that.

I will admit to having had soda yesterday. I took Raven to the movies and well, popcorn and soda just kind of come with the territory.  We shared one, though, and I didn't have very much.  I did get to see just how much (or in this case how little) my blood sugar went up.  Even with all that my sugars manages to stay under 200. 

2017 is going to be a great, but rough year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....