Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Friday, February 24, 2017

Is There Anywhere...

... where I will ever feel welcome?

I'm an outsider among outsiders. My social skills are less than stellar and every time I open my mouth to say something, I immediately wish I hadn't.  I can sense others feelings toward me changing rapidly, and not for the better most times.  I try to be cheerful and civil and most of the time even a bit silly because that's all I know how to be.  But most times it isn't enough.  From coworkers who refuse to talk to me or include me in much of what they are doing (whatever, I have my music to keep me company) to the feeling that I just simply don't belong there in the first place.  I just do not understand my place in this world.  Perhaps I never will.  There are times when the alternative seems ever better, but I cannot take that alternative route. 

Friends are in short supply, as in no supply.  There is no one I can talk to.  None.  Zero.  Nobody.  Writing only helps in the short term, but being alone is not a long term solution.  And I fear that I will be alone forever.  I do not feel worthy of anyone. Not work, not friends, no one.  Not even myself. 

No one can save me. I can only save myself, but the path to that goal seems incredibly daunting and I do not know if I have what it takes to overcome these feelings. 

So, I offer these lyrics by Some Girl (yes, that's the name of the artist)

Save Me



You walked into my life and told me what you see
I thought I'd seen it there is no one left but me
Every step I take a footprint erased in time
Is it me who lives life in rewind
I come into the light
Where are your angel wings?

Look at me I'm not just some girl
Did you come to save me from my empty world

Oh, how the air changes from warm to cold
Sunshine to a cloudy day
You took my hand and it slowly went away
Did you look at me from the other side
Where are your angel wings
Can you take me for a ride

Look at me I'm not just some girl
Did you come to save me from my empty world

The time has come and here we are can you save me from myself
So take my hand and we'll fly away to a better day
The time has come and here we are can I save you from yourself
So take my hand and we'll fly away to a better day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....