Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Thursday, December 26, 2013

We Wish You a Merry Christmas from Austin, Texas ~ Final Part

It's been a really nice several days in a different environment.  The weather here has been cold, but nothing like is at home.  I do not really know what I will be coming home to.  Will it be snowing? Will it simply be freezing? Did snow fall while I was gone?  My phone isn't working right now so I can't just call home and find out. I suppose I could use this computer for something other than homework and look it up, but why do through all that trouble? LOL...

The day after Christmas was a good one.  My sister and nephew arrived on time and we all sat around the tree and opened gifts.  I really wish I had gotten Amy's family that game I wanted to get them.  Oh well, perhaps another year.

My mom is really creative and great at sewing.  Her house is filled with wall decorations all of which she has created on her sewing machine.  I'm sure she uses patterns, but who cares.  It's really good work. I have pictures on my phone that I'll upload and share in a supplemental blog entry once I'm home. We leave for Seattle in a few hours and from there we go to Reno in the morning.  I will be very glad to get home.  I just wish I had more time in Seattle to explore.  We are getting there just before 10pm, but we have to be up early to be on an early flight.

Anyway, back to my mom's creative sewing. She gave me a tray for Christmas that is small enough to fit on a desk.  She said it is for placing jewelry or perfume on..things like that.  She made mine with a Chinese dragon on it.  It's really nice.  I love it.  She said that the glass is removable so that if she makes other designs I can take it out.  She also made one for my sister and stepsister.  I'm hoping that one day she will make one with a unicorn or a fairy or something like that.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed my trip to Austin, Texas with me.  Next year I am hoping to spend a nice quiet holiday at home with Raven.  I missed her this year.  I did call her yesterday.  She sounded a little sad, and I know she misses me, and I miss her.  I can't wait for her spring break. I am hoping to come get her as well as spend a few days in Boise to visit some friends.

Happy New Year, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....