Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Friday, April 17, 2015

Pincushions and Needles

I briefly eluded to a potential job I might be getting soon.  On April 1st, I took an exam for the county I live in.  I've been waiting with baited breath, so to speak, about the results of this exam. 

Today, I got an answer.

I passed with an 85%.  I had to get above a 70% to pass, so I'm right in the middle of the range.  I ranked at 19, but I'm not quite sure what that means.  There were many who took the test that day, so I am not sure if there are many of us who tied at the 19th rank, or if we each got a unique rank.  If the latter is the case, then I am ranked fairly high.  The only reason that matters is because they take people from the list based on their ranking.  They said that they take people from the list as they are needed and it could be anywhere from six to twenty at a time.  So... I never know.  I could be getting an email soon!  And then, the hard stuff begins.  Interviewing, etc.  Wish me luck!

Well, keep me in your thoughts because I really need this job.  It is a great one with all the perks that one could need.  Great pay.  Great benefits.  The chance to do something great for someone else.  It couldn't be better. 

In other news, I spent some time in my garden today.  I planted a nice purple pincushion plant in the place where a few of the smaller flowers succumbed to the overnight freeze a few days ago.  It looks good, but odd with the other, smaller, flowers around it.  

I have several seeds in various stages of sprouting in my window sill.  I am not going to be transplanting any of them until I know that it isn't going to freeze again.   Live and learn, and that is what Reno weather is all about.  It does plan on being nice for awhile, so perhaps I'll reconsider the transplanting of the seedlings that might be ready.  I have several places to put them.  I don't want to rush anything.

My veggie garden is doing fine, I guess.  Nothing has sprouted yet, but it is still early, I think.  I did put some path lights on the edge because the rocks are really large, and I wouldn't want anyone to trip over them in the dark.  I can't wait to see what it looks like at night.  I'm just going to have to wait and see what happens as far as the sprouting goes. 

One of my watermelon plants didn't fare too well through the freeze and only one cantaloupe seedling managed to weather the freeze and the cucumbers didn't make it, but that's okay.  I'll replant those.  Hopefully, they do something amazing in the coming months. 

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....