Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Raven's Quote de la Semaine

I've decided that these are too good not to repost.  My daughter.. My 5-year-old Raven says some of the most interesting things. Most kids do at that age.  Little do they realize just how intelligent they actually are.  Or, perhaps it is just that childlike wisdom that we tend to lose as we get older.  Anyway, on with today's Quote of the Week:

"Food needs our brains!"


Now, like you I am sure that she meant t say "Your brain needs food", but I have really pondered the absolute meaning of that particular statement. It rather coincides with the fact that I am getting ready to go back to school and quicker than I thought.  Apparently, the deadline to get everything taken care of is tomorrow.  My enrollment advisor emailed me some paperwork that I need to fax him tonight before I leave for my trip tomorrow.  Classes start a few days after I get back.  Wow!  That was quick.

Anyway, back to "food needs brains".  I have come to determine, just as you have I'm sure, that food in this case is knowledge and brains is of course our minds, and there is so much knowledge out there that needs a place to live.  Going back to school is a great way for that knowledge to find a place to live.  Reading books, talking with people, developing confidence and esteem... all great ways to perpetuate a living place for food.  

I find great inspiration in Raven.  She is bright, fearless, and less a few minor flaws, confident in almost every way.  She has friends, she's smart, funny and loves being in the spotlight.  I'm pretty much none of those things, and I often wonder where she gets it from.  

After I finish my business degree (because let's face it, an AA is about as useful as a GED these days) I am going to pursue another degree.  Something challenging and something that will allow me to find a career that I might make a buck or two at.  I'm not going to say what it is just yet as I don't want any naysayers to chime in.  I am also not sure if it is what I will really be pursuing, but I think so.  There are times when I feel a little too old to be going back to school.  I'm in my mid-30s and think about the fact that if I go back for a Bachelor's degree, I'll be 40 by the time I finish.  I MIGHT get employed in that particular field and even then I'll be competing with those who are younger, stronger, smarter or whatever.  Then, if I do get employed, I'll have about 15 to 20 good years of working left.  I might be able to save up for my retirement.  Darn, I wish I had listened to my dad when I was 18.

Ok, enough of my own naysaying.  The fact is that food does need my brain and I will be glad to open it up and let it in.  How could I not?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....