Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Trail Series - Tahoe Meadows Interpretive Loop Trail

Today I decided that I needed an easier hike than Loch Leven.  And, I still ended up getting wiped out physically.  That's okay because this was beautiful, and easy and even Raven had a great time. 


As you can see from the first sign, this trail is only 1.2 miles long.  It is relatively flat, only a 2.5% grade around the trail.  What I enjoy most about this trail is that it is accessible by strollers and even wheelchairs if one is feeling adventurous.  In fact, there was a lady with a stroller on the trail today.

After walking a short distance, one can choose which way to go on the trail, the easier way, or the not easier way.  Either way you take will get you back to the original place (hence the word LOOP, lol).

Some of the most beautiful places in this country are found right here in Nevada around Lake Tahoe.  They say that pictures are worth a thousand words, so I will let my pictures do the talking for me.  Raven is a ham when it comes to the camera, so without further ado:

Tahoe Meadows Interpretive Loop Trail:

This map gives other alternatives to the trail.

With all the rain last week, there was
actually some water in the runoff creeks.

Raven wanted to be in most of the pictures

The meadow looks amazing after a rainstorm.

My superstar on the bridge.


Gorgeous flowers everywhere.

These signs were along the trail and gave valuable
information about the habitat and animals that live there.

A beautiful view of the meadow.

I'm always down to take pictures of
critters that will pose for me.

A very small, but interesting
waterfall along the trail.









I definitely recommend this trail to everyone, no matter what their skill level.

For those who wish to view all of the photos taken today, you can visit them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....