Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Halloween and Driving

Not a lot has happened since I wrote last, however, I am here killing time before beginning the afternoon.  After an exhausting round with a driving company, to which I will not name here, I finally got my credentials switched over.  Yesterday I had my windshield replaced (thank you, mom!) and I am able to get back on the road and make some money.  Granted, this option is not my first choice, although because my last employer left me in such a terrible position, I need this in order to keep my head above water.  It is also flexible enough so that when the email comes in that states the appointment date of my polygraph test, I won't have to disappoint another company by saying that I can't come in because of an appointment.

All I need is a full tank of gas and a car wash/vacuum.  I detailed the inside of my car, who we lovingly call Sentaura, by wiping down all the areas where dust had accumulated.  Dashboard, gear shifter, baseboards, etc.  She looks like a new car!  Well, she is, but now she's beautiful.

I am a little apprehensive about driving in Boise.  It is not unlike Reno, however, I am not sure of all the rules regarding the airport, and things like that.  In Reno it was easy as there was a place for the cars to park who were waiting for fares from the airport.  Here, though, I do not know.  I suppose I will have to do some research on that soon.

The last several days have been spent preparing, but the long days have brought a bout of depression that I haven't known in quite some time.  I am hoping that being out of the house and around other people will help with that.

I had a great night now a few nights ago.  A friend took me to see the new Halloween movie.  Halloween is my favorite horror franchise of all time.  I was apprehensive about the fact that they threw out all canon from every movie except 1 and 2.  Even H20 ignored practically everything except those movies and I had a hard time with that as well. There very well could have been a storyline that involved the events of 4, 5 and 6 and that would have been amazing.  But, no.  We are left with what we got, which some pages are raving about and some are not.

With that being said, I thought it was pretty good.  Plenty of gory moments.  Although, because they scrapped the majority of the canon, many of the killings made little sense.  I have a feeling that long time fans are going to be majorly disappointed with this latest movie, although I was very happy to see Jamie Lee Curtis back as Laurie Strode.  I'm only going to give this movie a 3 out of 5 stars.


I am concerned about Halloween this year.  The holiday, not the movie.  Raven wants to go trick-o-treating this year.  To which, I am very happy to allow her to do.  The issue is that I cannot walk around like I used to.  She has a few friends that she wants to go with, and although I could take her to other parts of town, which is normally what happens, really.  When I lived in Reno, the streets were so overtaken with people who didn't live there that I could barely drive my car on the streets to get out.

I am concerned that the evening will end up shorter than normally would be due to my inability to walk great distances without hurting.  Just pop a few ibuprofen, you say.  It's not really that easy as painkillers do nothing to dull the pain.  I'm just going to have to suck it up this year unless one of her other friends want to take her with them.  Like last year.  That was awesome.  It also doesn't help that this year Halloween falls directly in the middle of the week.  Whatever happens, I am not falling for the disappointment of last year, which is attempting to give candy away.  I got zero trick-o-treaters.  In fact, on my street, I believe we are the only ones who put up any decorations at all.  Sad... so sad....

Honestly, I would much rather pop a huge bowl of popcorn and watch the Halloween movies on Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....