Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Friday, October 19, 2018

Two in a Week?!

Well, really, two in as many days.  Journal entries, that is.  I don't really have much to write about, but the mere act of writing helps keep me focused.

This morning I went and had an interview with the local county.  I had applied to be a records technician, which wasn't quite what I wanted to do with my career, but hey, at least I would be putting that obnoxious degree to good use, finally. The interview went really well.  It took me all week to fill out the paperwork for the background check as they wanted every detail for the last 15 years.  I did go back to my hard diaries in hopes of jogging my failing memory.  That's why I write in the first place.  To help me remember things later on, and so that my future generations will know who I was.  (There's not many great stories to tell, though.)

The interview in itself went really good.  I have lived a fairly simple life with little to no time in any sort of spotlight, very few interactions with police, and I am a law-abiding citizen, so truly, I am not worried about anything in my background that would possibly come up.

I will keep my fingers crossed over the next few months.

But for now, I need to find a temporary job as the one I had decided to dismiss me a week ago for not real good reason other than because they knew I was looking for something else, something in my field, a position that would further my career other than to be in the office stressing out over those daily tasks.  I won't berate them in such a public forum, but I will say that I am not sad to be gone. Although, I will miss one or two of my coworkers.

I have spent this past week in contemplation of what to do next should I not get this position that has had me working so diligently.  My plans were laid out in my previous entry, so I won't reiterate them here, but truly, what will I do if that happens?  As much as I do not want to think about it, I must as I try to prepare for every contingency.  Okay, I wasn't quite prepared to lose my last job.  Live and learn.

In addition for preparing for today, I have spent the last week catching up on some of my favorite tv shows.  I watched season 8 of The Walking Dead and I am on the last few episodes of Vikings.  There are shows on Netflix that I know are worth watching, but I just don't want to waste my time away in front of a television.  I don't like wasting my time doing nothing, but there are times when nothing is all I can do.  I really need a nap.

All I'm asking from you, dear readers, is some positive juju sent my way.  I can use all I can get.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....