Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Thursday, March 28, 2013

An Hour of Pain - 100 Hours Project Update

I nearly had to change my project for the Hundred Hours Project.  It really helps to do research before jumping into something.

I traveled to where the Kung Fu studio was.  I pulled in and noticed a realty sign on the door.  Oh crap!  Now, what am I going to do for my project?  Well, I got home and went to their website.  Everything seemed updated.  Class schedules, etc.  Then I looked at the address.  Turns out that they merely moved.  And, not only that, they moved to a building that is very close to my house.  Score!

I pondered whether or not I would show up a half hour late or not.  I don't like disturbing class and such, but these guys are really laid back.  They want students to come to their studio.  I decided that it would not be in my best interest to wait until Saturday to begin the project.  I went.

My car pulled up into the driveway and I found the studio with no issues.  It was located on the bottom floor in the front of the building, so it was nice and easy.  The door was open and I got out of the car and waved.  I don't think he recognized me until I got into the door.  Then the recognition was there and it was almost like I had never left.

They were teaching something that I hadn't been exposed to yet. And if I could spell it, I would write what it is here, but basically it was a block that ended with pulling one's opponent to the ground, or close to.  I started out with a woman who really didn't want to come in very hard with her punches, and with good reason.  But trying to block a fluffy punch is counterproductive.

After a while, I got paired with a guy with very strong arms. His punches and blocks were very strong and very painful for me.  Now, keep in mind that my arms and upper body were already hurting and sore from the two days at the batting cages and the day of archery in between.  But still, my forearms feel like they were slammed with a sledgehammer for a good portion of the time I was there.

After that, I got paired with a very petite female who has been going to classes for quite some time, and she really helped me get my beginning blocks down good.  The thing about this is that it is going to take practice and time.  And isn't that what this project is all about?  Devoting time to something?

So, one hour of class time down.  99 to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....