Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Newest Old Journey

Well, it's day two for school.  Officially, class doesn't start until Monday, but I know how difficult this is going to be to get back into the swing of things.  Even though they had a "practice" class the last two weeks, it still doesn't quite prepare one for the real thing.

I am only taking one class for the first term. The term length for this particular university is a mere five weeks.  They go with classes one then two then one, etc, until all the classes are finished.  Speaking of which, I am happy to say that 22.5 of my credits from a previous community college transferred over as electives.  At one class per term, that knocks out about four terms  of school. or three terms on the one on, two on premise. Either way, that's a bit less time for me to be in this program.

To further that, credits from the last online school will also be transferring.  They haven't determined which ones will, but I am hoping beyond hope that college algebra transfers.  I swear, if I have to take that bloody class one more time, I'm going to scream.  I think four times is enough for anyone, don't you?  I think there will be a good amount of core classes that may transfer, but looking at the class schedule, I think that probably only one or two classes will transfer over.  I'll try to stay optimistic, though.  :)

My first class is a Foundations in Criminal Justice.  It's a basic course that is already kicking my ass. Not REALLY, but there is a lot of reading involved on top of discussion board posts and there is a 4-6 page paper due at the end of every week.  On top of that, there is a group project due at the end of week four.  I just hope I don't get elected to be the one to compile all of the information. lol..  I could do it, but I'd rather survive this first class back with all of my hair still in tact.

I cannot imagine taking two classes that are this intense at once.  Even though I managed to do it and sometimes THREE classes all at once when I was going to Kaplan.  Their terms were ten weeks long, though.  Man, no wonder I felt like I was there forever! 

Why am I back in school after all this time?  Well, for a few reasons.  This really is my last chance (yes, I have that stuck in my head and it's my fantasy, I'll tell it, thanks.) to do something with my life to finally begin a respectable career and get my life into some semblance of order.  And, I want to be able to say that I have finally finished something in this life.  So many times I have started things and not finished them.  I received a latch hook project when I was still a small girl.  I got enthused to begin it and I got halfway through it.  I lost interest and put it away.  Several years later, like into my 20s, I still had it, half finished.  I'm not sure what happened to it, but I got rid of it, still only half finished.

Most of my projects aren't THAT bad, but some are.  School, for instance.  I really need to be successful with this degree program.  I am going to do the best that I can.  I had a friend of mine really encourage me to go back.  I'm glad that he'll be there when I need extra encouragement.  I know that I am going to need it.  There was mention of getting onto the Dean's list and another friend of mine is strongly encouraging me to get all As.  As for me, I'll settle for A-s in all my classes... lol!

 I haven't even told my dad that I'm back in school.  I've told my mother.  I don't know why I haven't mentioned it to my dad other than the phone connection between us is really bad.  My phone sucks and often doesn't get very good reception even in the wide open.  I have though about writing him a letter and sending it snail mail.  He like it when I do that.  He isn't very computer literate, and has trouble understanding email sometimes.  Yeah, I think I'll do that as soon as I'm done writing this blog entry.  He deserves to know sooner than the engraved invitation to my graduation party! Projected graduation date, by the way, 2015.

I've gotten a lot of support from my friends whom I have told, and believe me when I say that I hope they keep up that level of encouragement because I know that I will need it!

Okay, not I'm just babbling... again.  Back to the book.  Intro to Criminal Justice.  Woot woot!

::endtransmission::


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....