Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

And Then There Were..... 25!

Greetings faithful Readers!  I am so very excited tonight.  Well, the day in general was awesome.  It was the first day off in nine days, and I really needed it.  I could feel my attitude in general start to lose its integrity last night.  We'll forget the fact that the store I was working at was in a town two hours away, and even though I never have to drive on these longer trips, the trip itself still makes for a rough work day (or night as the case sometimes is). 

I spent most of the day with a very good friend of mine.  She needed to get out, so I took her to the batting cages.  It is something that I enjoy doing when I get angry, frustrated or generally upset.  Not that she was any of these things, of course, but I could tell that the release of some energy would be really good for her as well as myself.  I had already been once earlier in the week, and yesterday I went to the archery range, obliterated one of my arrows, and shot really terrible.  But, even through the sore body, I managed to do quite well, if I say so myself.

After the cages, she took me to lunch, and we had wonderful conversation and I really got a chance to reflect on some of the other things going on in my life. It was a most successful, fun and satisfying afternoon.  I did end up falling asleep in the oversized chair at her apartment.  It's an awesome chair. It's huge and I feel like a Hobbit when I sit in it... hehehe...

She woke me up in time for me to get home for the live chat session for class tonight.  This first class in this program has proven to be interesting so far, even though it is an entry level class.  We all start somewhere, right?  The lecture itself was boring as hell.  It's the first one of the course, so the professor went over class expectations and things like that.  No one really had any questions about that.  Most have been in online classes either for a while, or before (like me). 

The most awesome news of the evening, though, came when I took a look at the academics page I noticed something odd about the class list.  History was supposed to be my next class to take after this one.  I thought that was rather odd as the transfer credits still stood at 22.5, which are the ones from Sac City College.  (I was already happy about that!)  I scrolled down the list of classes and found that 12 more classes had transferred over from Kaplan!  Oh my gosh, so not only do I NOT have to take algebra (happy happy joy joy!) I don't have to take Intro to Computers, History or English Comp 1 or 2.  I also noticed that I don't have to take the Sociology class anymore.  I'm super stoked about that, although I was kind of looking forward to it. I don't recall taking anything remotely like that, but if they say that I don't, then I'm not going to look a gift credit in the mouth!

Soooo... out of 42 classes, I only have 25 to go, which includes the one I am already taking.  I looked at the list, and they have me set up to take two classes at a time after the first six classes.  I was really hoping that they would double up on classes after the first three or so.  Perhaps I can talk them into doing that.  I don't know about you, but I want to get this done and over with as efficiently as possible! 

But the fact that I don't have to take almost half of the classes for this program (core classes) gives me the ultimate choice to do the happy dance.  Instead of a 2015 graduation date, my graduation date will be toward the end of 2014.  1.8 years is a small price to pay considering everything that I have already given up, sacrificed and spent on trying to achieve this goal. 

It's been a long time in coming and when I do finally graduate, there will be one hell of a graduation party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....