Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Hundred Hours Project

Greetings all of my faithful readers and then some!

I'm back this year after finally getting a computer that won't die in a month (knock on wood) so I bring you this.

 The Hundred Hours Project

Started by an acquaintance of mine and something that I feel is worthwhile in doing.  I encourage all of you to join in this wonderful project!

I have thought long and hard about what it is that I really want to do for my project.  Something that won't cost a lot of money and that I will have the time to invest 100 hours in. It could be anything, I know, but I want this project to have some sort of meaning for me and something that will be fun and last a lifetime and all of that jazz.

Okay, Onyx, so just what are you going to do for your project?  Well, I thought about learning to paint, learning to fence, take clogging lessons (which is on my bucket list and that's a whole other blog in itself!) and even taking piano or voice lessons again, but money is really tight and trying to learn from YouTube videos just doesn't cover it.  So, what I am going to do is something that I have already spent some time doing last year and a little bit the year before, if my memory serves (which it doesn't half the time, hence the reason I blog).

Drum roll please....

Kung Fu

Not just any Kung Fu, but Wing Chun Kung Fu.  This particular form of martial arts is mostly upper body oriented.  Very few kicks involved.  It is a great workout and really helps focus the mind.  I go here because the classes are donation based.  You pay what you think they are worth, or what you can afford.  The instructors are really nice.  The classes are in a laid back setting, but really focused.  The classes are usually smaller, less than ten people last time I went, and I like that because I don't do crowds very well.

Anyone who has seen Ip Man has seen this form of Kung Fu.  It is based on the life of the man who brought Wing Chun Kung Fu to the light, so to speak.

So, there you have it.  I'll be blogging on a more regular basis with updates to my 100 hours of Wing Chun Kung Fu throughout the year.  We'll see how it goes!

Feel free to forward this blog to friends or link it with your blog or whatever it is that they do these days.  I look forward to seeing how many people participate in this.  Also, feel free to comment.


Not mine, but a really good sketch of Wing Chun Kung Fu.

I'm so excited about this project!







2 comments:

  1. So awesome! I'd love to include the full text of this as a guest post on the Hundred Hours blog if you'd be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh totally! I'm honored! I'll send you a message in case this comment gets lost in the cybervoid.. lols.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....