Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Feeling good

Yesterday was my day off.  It was awesome.  I got my first name for the Letter Writing Team, so along with the three post cards I sent to fellow Angels and the one that I sent to my adopted soldier, I also sent a letter to a Marine.  Actually, I sent not only a short letter, but I bought a Sunday paper and cut out some of the good comics, and also a really neat story about a Cascade girl who wrote a poem about Marines in general.  Since the soldier I was writing is a Marine, I thought it appropriate to forward it along.  Raven also colored a picture for him.  I think that one was a worm on a snail or something.  It was colorful anyway.


I am starting to feel a newfound love for life.  Yesterday I went to visit a friend that I haven't seen since Yule, and it was really great to talk to her.  She wasn't mad at me for the way I acted and if she was, she didn't say anything.  She is a very patient, understanding woman.  I talked to her about what I've been doing with the Soldiers' Angels, and she was really thrilled.  She was talking about doing one in the name of the TWV, and I thought that was wonderful.  I think that it will be a great thing for our group to do, but I will always do my own separate from them as well.  I've always been a loner that way.


I think also that a great kick start will be what we are doing this coming Wednesday.  A few of my friends from that group are going to get together to make handcrafted Valentine's cards for my adopted and his team.  I have no clue how many are in his team, but we'll make several dozen and see what happens from there.  I hope they enjoy them.  A little love goes a long way.  I'm hoping to half fill the box with Valentines.  It is going to be so hard not knowing how many to send.  I hope I don't leave anyone out.  That would suck.


Anywho, this whole thing has really gotten me feeling a bit better about my life, that I'm not just surviving for myself or for Raven.  And through caring for others, I have come to care a little bit more about myself. 


I like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....