Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Random Things About Me

Nothing special ever really happens on Thursdays. I work, I pick up my daughter from the sitter then I go home. I'm still at work right now, so my day is almost over, but not quite. I sit in a room and type in a chat room all day. Believe me, it's not as awesome as it sounds, but it pays the bills for now.

Tonight is "First Thursday", which for those of you who don't live where I do, it is a downtown event of free art museums, wine tasting, and other cultural events. I haven't really gone on purpose yet because I am too busy with work, but since my sitter has been picking up my daughter from daycare on Thursdays, I have been to a coffee shop during First Thursday where her husband reads short fictional stories. I had the honor of hearing his work last month, and I must say that his writing is intense and wonderful. He is majoring in English at his university, and he's almost done. I'm sure his wife is really happy about that as well.

I don't know if I'll be staying for First Thursday tonight. I want to get home and do some hooping. Yes, one of my new hobbies is hoop dancing, which right now is more like spasmatic body hiccups, but it's getting better. I hope to have the basics of some of the tricks down by the end of the month. At least I can keep the hoop up for longer than three revolutions now. I love hooping so much.

I also have to work tomorrow which makes for little time in participating in First Thursday events. No matter. There is plenty of hooping at home to keep me busy, oh, and Netflix. I've been streaming L&O:SVU from beginning to end and I'm on season 9. Two more season left then I can move on to something else. haha.. yeah, I'm not hardly obsessed.

I haven't yet purchased the items for my soldier's care package yet. I get paid tomorrow. I thought about starting off with a letter first, then a care package in a few weeks. The Soldiers' Angels website said that the soldier might not be able to write back, so I'll end up guessing his likes, needs and wants until he does write back, if ever. No biggie if he doesn't. It makes me feel better to know that I am making a difference.

I told my daughter about our soldier and she got really excited. She can't wait to draw pictures to send. I am looking forward to writing letters. I haven't handwritten a letter in forever because it hurts to write, but I am so willing to do this. Perhaps Raven and I will sit down tonight and draft a letter.

Until next time,

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....