Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First of many..

I sent my soldier his first letter and care package today.  Nothing too special, some coffee, chocolates, a sewing kit and a teddy bear that Raven thought would help ward away bad dreams.  There were other things included in the list, but I didn't feel the need to give the whole list.  Not sure if he'll like everything or not, but I got some great new ideas for next care package.  I think I'll include a calling card among other things.  I had no idea what to write about so I just told him a little bit about myself.  What do guys overseas really want to hear about anyway.  I have no clue, but I'm sure I'll get some great ideas from the Angels forums.  

Until next time... 

Stay strong
Stay brave
Stay free...

2 comments:

  1. That's great. I'm sure he'll appreciate whatever you send. I was thinking the same thing about the letters, I was feeling like I didn't want to ramble too much about myself, but there's not much else I could think of to talk about, lol. Maybe we'll get really lucky and hear back from them so we can have something to write to them about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you've been there yet but the approved angels forums has some great ideas on things to send that aren't on the other lists and such. I'm also thinking of joining one of the other teams, perhaps the Letter Writing Team. Not sure yet. I mean if I can't write one letter, how am I going to write a ton of letters.. lol...

    I'm so glad you are doing this. I feel not quite so alone. (Yeah, I know I'm not, but there are times.... )

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....