Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Road Trip!

I love the traveling by car.  There is so much of this country to see.  I have made two trips nearly across the country, and though I didn't get pictures for one of the trips, it was lovely nonetheless.   This trip will take me from Boise, ID to Orem, UT.  I have never been to Orem that I am aware of.  I have been to Salt Lake city a few times when I was younger.  Not the most pleasant of journeys, but then, not all of the country is comprised of beautiful scenery.

I have heard that this particular trip is quite nice, mostly flat, and that is fine with me.  The weather should be great for traveling the 7 hours or so.

The purpose of this trip you ask?  I will be going to a cousin's high school graduation.  Sure, it seems like a long trip to go just for that, but my mother will be flying down from Alaska.  I haven't seen her in about three years, not since the D.C. trip.  It is hard with her being so far away from the rest of us.  I guess now you could say that my entire family is scattered between here and there.  It will be a fun trip nonetheless.

I did manage to get my car cleaned out and unpacked from the Reno trip earlier this year.... FINALLY! hehe.. I am such a procrastinator.  I got all my laundry done.  Now I just need to concentrate on getting my bags packed, groceries shopped for.  I don't plan on eating out a whole lot while I'm there.  It's just too expensive.  A friend is going to loan me a portable DVD player, so Raven will be occupied on the trip, and it also plays CDs so if she falls asleep, I'll be able to listen to music.  Since my radio is still not playing tapes my mp3 player will be useless.  Not that I have a lot of music on it right now anyway.  I have all my CDs from my DJing days, though, so I'm covered.

I am looking forward to not worrying about working for those days.  What I need, though, is a vacation where I don't have to cover other days in the week just to get the days I want off.  I don't consider that a real vacation at all.  I am thinking of taking a week off this summer, hopefully I can have my son with me then.  Not sure about that, though. It would be expensive to get him here.  We'll see what happens, though.

So, for this trip all I have left to do is pack and get my mapping together.  I'm almost there!

2 comments:

  1. Booyah! A road trip and a wonderful break to meet Mom! Great going! and not having to work to vacay is always so sweet! Have fun Onyx! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Psycho. I am sure I will. It's going to be a very long next few days, but I'll survive.

    The blog after that trip will be long I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....