Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

What I Want to Be When I Grow Up

Sounds like an easy thing to decide, right?

When I was young, I wanted to be an astronaut.  That was until I found out how much science was involved.  Science isn't my strong suit.

I also wanted to be an interior designer.  Then I found out that I have NO fashion sense at all and I can't draw.

I also wanted to be a wildlife biologist.  See reasons for not becoming an astronaut.

There was a time when I wanted to own a bakery.  This was the only career choice that my parents actually  ever gave me any encouragement with, but obviously that didn't happen.  I'm not that good at baking, but nothing a little practice couldn't cure. 

I went to school to be an audio engineer, but ended up moving to a state that didn't have the program, so I never finished.

I went to school online to get my business degree, but didn't finish that, either.  I could probably go back and finish the last four classes and get my AA.  At least I could say that I finished SOMETHING.

I have also considered being an event planner.  Haven't followed through on that.  I haven't decided yet.

Today I checked on another program... physical therapy assistant.  There was a time when I wanted to do that, and actually applied for a job in a physical therapy office. I didn't get the job, but I thought that it would be nice.  It's an expensive program, and I'm already paying on the loans for the business degree that I didn't get.

Personally, I think I'm screwed.  I don't want to be stuck in the job that I am in now for the next five years.  Sure, it pays the bills, but the hours are horrible, and finding help with Raven is getting harder.  I'm ok with her until July, but I'll soon need to find someone to help me again with her on Thursdays.

It's getting to the point where I'm about ready to give up.  I can't do that, though.

One of these days I will figure out what I want to be when I grow up......

1 comment:

Speak your mind and be heard....