Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

What I Want to Be When I Grow Up: Part Too!

So lately I've been caught with a case of the dreads over my current job.  Most people my age have not just a job, but a career.  Both of my siblings do.  My brother is in construction and my sister has her teaching degree.  She's been having a hard time finding a job as a teacher, but at least she's finished college.

It has come down to me dreading walking into work on most days, even though my job is easy, but stressful.  I think that it has become TOO easy.  Although, they are getting ready to change things up yet again, so we'll see what happens with that.

I have come to determine that I am one of those souls who will just have to spin a roulette wheel to figure out what she wants to be.  I know it sounds like I'm obsessing about this, but my dad always told me I should have learned a trade of some sort.  I'm getting to the age when I'm feeling almost to old to learn a new trade or go back to college.  I know that is ridiculous, but that is how I feel as of late.  I never really developed any talents that could be beneficial to my financial situation.  In other words, I should have taken up car mechanics instead of karaoke.. LOL

I am perusing the plethora of degree paths that can be taken online or at a local campus.  I had tried to get information about being a physical therapy assistant, but the information lady was rather presumptuous when I her if any of the classes were available online.  Obviously it is a hands on type of program.  I'm not THAT naive for crying out loud.  But when she said that there were no classes offered online for the program because their students require dedication, I about fell out of my chair with rage.  As if I have no dedication whatsoever.  Well, screw you lady.  I guess you won't be seeing my $390/credit tuition any time soon.

But, that is where I come to my conundrum.  I require online study because of my work schedule and how INFLEXIBLE it actually is.  I am sure that if I tell them that I need a specific schedule so I can go to school to learn widgetmaking 101, they'll laugh me right off the phone.  The truth is that I was going to school online for about two years and had two more to go when I got burnt out.  Actually, I hit a class that I wasn't doing very well at and decided that the program wasn't for me.  I don't think I'm ever going to get out of taking a Statistics class.  It's a tough class.  I could go back and finish my AA degree.  I only have four classes left, but ... ok, but nothing.  I should just do it.  speaking of which, I should check my email.  I sent them an email requesting info on how I would go about getting those last four classes taken care of.

Ok, just got that email back from my advisor.  Looks like he's interested in getting me going on that.  Goodie for filling out FAFSA forms!

Ok, now that that is over with, I can go on ranting about other things.....

I haven't started packing for that trip yet. I'll be doing that all on Monday.

Wait, I was talking about career paths.  One that peaked my interest was court reporting.  Don't ask me why.  My mind is full of chaotic thought patterns.

Gotta run for now.  Thanks for reading!

::endtransmission::

1 comment:

  1. maybe when you finally listen to what your SOUL really wants you will know what path to take.
    A trip always helps to get in touch with your core.
    Start packing!!! lol ♥

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....