Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

An Adventure to the Other Side of the Fence

The last two days off were really great.  Spent time in the garden.  (See previous post).

The other thing we did was to send out all the packages we had ready for our heroes.  All in all, 1 APO box, 2 flat rate bubble envelopes, and three smaller envelope sized packages.  Hey, I do what I can.  Anyway, I decided that I was not going to take the chance on getting the snatch at the regular post office, so Raven and I drove a shorter distance and went to a very large post office in the other direction.

The line was to the door.  I stepped inside to start filling out the numerous customs forms, which always takes at least 20 mins alone.  I have some on order, but they haven't shown up yet.  When I was finished, two elderly people allowed me to go ahead of them.  I thanked them very kindly.  (The first awesome thing about this post office.)

When I finally got to the counter, the clerk greeted me with a smile (the second awesome thing about this post office).  He took my packages and even told me how much I saved with the APO flat rate box.  $12.95 vs 31.+.  Thank goodness for flat rate boxes!

I had two regular sized envelopes, not the short ones, but the long ones, that were full of coupons for one of the teams I am on.  I was certain that he was going to charge me extra because they weren't very uniform, and I thought they might be a little heavy.  The first thing he did was to take out this really cool gadget that has the max width of a letter cut into it.  He slid the letters (both) through the hole, and charged me a whole $0.44 for each envelope with the coupons. (the third awesome thing about this post office.) Wait, what?  That's right.  I got charged the regular price for each of the coupon envelopes.  If I had gone to the other post office, the woman would have made me put two ten cent stamps on each envelope.  The other post office doesn't even HAVE one of those nifty thingamajigs with the hole cut into it to check the width.  I told Ed, that was the clerk, that the other post office needed one ASAP.  It's possible that they just don't use it, but I think they don't have one and if they do, they don't care to use it.

Oh, I totally forgot the best part.  While I was at the counter, and we were in the middle of doing my packages, an older woman stepped up next to me to ask the clerk a simple question.  What makes this the best part?




He answered it.

I really give credit to the Post Office on Ustick and Cole.  They are friendly, courteous, speedy and they keep their calm under pressure.  The line stayed steady to the door, but it wasn't the same people in line for more than ten minutes.

I think I found my new post office.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like an awesome post office. I always grab a big wad of customs forms whenever I go to mine so I can fill them out ahead of time, people are always so rude if you take an extra 2 minutes in there, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe.. you know, you can order them on the usps website and they will deliver them to your door for free. You can order 50 at a time, which is what I did along with bubble flat rate envelopes, flat rate boxes and stamps. (obviously you pay for the stamps). check it out sometime. It's a great deal and will keep me from being at the counter too long filling them out. :D

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....