Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Needs and the Post Office

I really need to get a printer.  I took my zip drive full of letters to heroes over to CopyMax last night after work and the guy didn't even charge me the color price for the pages that didn't have any pictures on them and I still ended up paying over $13 for the whole shebang.  Another few trips like that and I could have paid for my own printer.  The trouble is trying to find a good one that is compatible with my mac.  I can't wait until I get that new computer.  I'm not sure what OS it runs, but it has to be newer than Tiger.  I'm sure that it is Windows Vista or something.  (yikes!)

Anyway, I was happy to get them printed of course, and I will continue to do it until such time as a printer falls into my lap... LOL

I managed to get the Easter boxes out to the guys yesterday as well.  The trip to the post office of doom went really good.  That evil snatch behind the counter went into the back when she saw I was in line and I ended up with the older guy who is really awesome.  He would be the reason I keep coming back.  Unlike her, he always has a twinkle in his eye (or maybe it's dust, I can't tell) and a smile on his face.  He's helpful, friendly, and always patient.

That woman is horrible!  While I was filling out the customs forms a gentleman went up to the counter while she was helping someone just to ask a question and she bit his head off!  "You MUST go to the end of the line!"  The line was a bit long, I'll grant that.  Even I would have tried to get her attention (had I not known her better) if all I was asking was a simple question.  He blew up, said something to the effect of "Forget it then!" and took off in a huff.  She proceeded to gossip about him to the lady she was helping saying that "someone didn't spend enough time in the corner as a child." Are you kidding me?  Then she proceeds to continue making small talk with the lady she was helping long after she was done helping her with her packages when there is a line now to the door.

I will never understand the need for hypocrisy in the world today.....

Anyway, while I was at the counter with the really awesome clerk, there was a customer beside me who was filling out a customs form.  She was sending fudge to her military hero, probably her son or something.  She was having a bit of difficulty, so I was able to give her advice on what I do.  I also gave her a Soldiers' Angels card.  The clerk and I jokingly told her that she should send stuff for him to bargain with.  I swear it is almost like being in jail over there sometimes with the bargaining and trading and whatnot.  I felt like I did my good deed for the day (hypocritically, knowing that I was thinking such evil thoughts about the woman who still hadn't come out from behind the back room).  I hope that she will check out the SA website. The woman I was helping with the custom forms, that is. :)

Not my floor, but you get the idea.
I need a table!  Everything I have for SA is still sitting on the floor in what could be loosely called my dining room.  Raven and I eat on tiny tables in front of the tv usually watching some Disney movie.  (I'm really tired of watching those, let me tell you.)  So, my dining area looks so cluttered with everything on the floor.  I do have a writing desk, but that also has accumulated a bunch of stuff.  Bah!  Tomorrow I am clearing everything off of it and cleaning up the clutter!!  Admittedly, a lot of that clutter is packages and letters that need to go out.  Taken care of this Monday.  But still!  I think it's time to hit up the thrift shops for some plastic bins and possibly a table, but I wouldn't be able to get a table home.  I only drive a Corolla.  Not the best table-moving vehicle on the planet..hehehe.. Perhaps I can find one of those folding tables.  I know they are rather expensive, but who knows what treasures the thrift shops may have....  I will hit them up on Monday!! After I get more tea for the letters and stuff.....

Thanks for reading...

::endtransmission::

2 comments:

  1. I truly find it fascinating to listen to your ramblings. :)
    Have a great weekend and enjoy your moments with Raven. Toodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank, Psycho. I enjoy writing abut the ramblings that go on in my head...

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....