Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Dreading the Post Office

I MUST get those Easter care packages out today.  As it is, they probably won't get there in time, but at least they will get there.  I needed to get the money together to send them, and I didn't get as much help with the TVW package as I had hoped for.  Oh well.  Perhaps next month will be better.  Actually, if I don't get as much fundage as I hope, I will only send as big of a package as I get funding for.  So, if that means a padded envelope, so be it.  I don't always have to send out large boxes, but I know they appreciate it.

So, I must send out these boxes.  Unfortunately, the closest post office is the one that I wrote the complaint letter about (see a previous post) and I am not looking forward to going there.  I don't have any letters with me this time, though, so it shouldn't be THAT bad.  I just fill out the customs forms and off they go.  Hopefully in a timely manner.  I have a lot of other packages that need to go out, but I will wait until Monday so I can go to one of the other post offices.

All I know is that I will survive, I just wish I could survive altercations with people..

The weather has calmed down a bit, and I noticed no loss of life in the garden.  In fact, two more watermelon plants have sprouted!  I am very excited about that, and Raven was reallllly happy.  She lets out a cute little *gasp* and it makes me giggle.

COMPUTER UPDATE:

So, I've been waiting patiently for my friend to get done with my computer.  It is toast, but she did manage to get all of the data off of my drives.  It is all waiting for me on an external hard drive (as long as THAT doesn't crash) so when I get my new computer, all I have to do is transfer the data and reinstall my programs.  Voila!  That really made my day.

It is good to know that my mac mini works.  I might just set that up for Raven to use as her personal computer or something... put some games on it perhaps.

I have been wondering how I am going to keep up on my Letter Writing Team names.  I had opted for two names a day.  Two things happened.  While I was perusing the headlines on yahoo yesterday morning I came across the story about FREE software.  One of the programs was a suite very similar to the Office 2007 suite.... work, excel, etc.  The program is called LibraOffice.  It looks and acts just like Word and the best part is that I can save the file to a .doc or .docx file.  The even BESTEST part is that the program is compatible with my very old mac mini that still runs Tiger.  I about died and went to heaven!  I don't have a printer still, but I do have my zip drive (see, I figured out the name of that little gadget) so that I can take them to CopyMax and get them printed off in beautiful color.  I add pictures to the letters for the heroes.  Happy Day!

I also opted to not have names given to me on Mondays.  That will allow me time to get everything printed for the previous week and sent out.  I am slowly but surely figuring out a system to all this madness.  I wish I were more artsy. I notice pictures of other angels who draw on their envelopes or draw handmade cards, and I feel like I should be doing something better, but I guess to each their own abilities.  What I do to my cards to try to make them unique is I have found military cartoons like the one below to add to their letters to help bring a smile.  It might not, but I think they will.  I also add pictures of stuff I am doing in my life.  Like the pics I previously posted about my walk along the river.  I'm sure that it is better than looking at the sea or the sand all day.

This weekend I am planning on going on a walk along the river with a friend of mine.  Hopefully she will still come.  On Monday I am having lunch with a few friends at my house.  I need to get my apartment cleaned!  I don't know what we are having yet, but I'm sure it will be good.  Perhaps sandwiches and fruit.  Not sure.  I haven't had anyone over since Raven's birthday party.

I used to have people over to my place all the time.  This was before kids, and even a little while after Raven was born, but lately I have become more reclusive.  That might be in part because of my work schedule, and I really don't like being a hermit.  I don't really like being in the middle of things, either, but somewhere there has got to be a happy medium.

I think that's all the ramblings I have right now.  I will write more if I come up with anything interesting.

::endtransmission::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....