Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Garden and more Garden!!

We ended up not going to the greenbelt like I had planned.  It was such a beautiful day that I thought I would spend some time in the garden.  I transplanted one of the watermelon seedlings onto a hill as per the instructions.  I hope I did it right. I also transplanted some of the lettuce seedlings. 

Then......

I decided it would be a good idea to visit the local nurseries, i.e. Home Depot/Walmart and see what I could see.  I hit the HD first.  We were there a few weeks ago and they had next to nothing.  Now they have tons of stuff.  I asked one of the clerks if they had marigolds and she said no. She totally lied to me. hehehe...  I found some yellow ones in the middle of a bunch of other plants.  African daisies I think they were.  I can't be sure.  I left HD with 8 yellow marigolds, a blue viola, a purple and white columbine, 4 purple pansies and 4 white pansies...oh, and a pair of pink/grey gardening gloves for Raven.  She is very proud of them.

What I really wanted, though, was an alternating yellow/orange marigold front line to my garden.  I proceeded to Walmart and sure enough, they had them.  They were MORE expensive than HD, which I thought odd, but nevertheless, I bought them.  I also found a bleeding hearts plant that is so totally perfect for me.  The columbine and bleeding hearts will take the place of the butterfly bush that I thought I wanted.  Apparently, it is common.  I don't like to be too common.  I also picked up some blue morning glory seeds that I planted at the base of the right side of the garden arch.  The left side is reserved for my tomatoes. 

Raven and I spent a few hours planting what we could.  I ended up with a few pansies and yellow marigolds left over.  I will ask one of my friends in the complex if she wants them.  As we were planting the marigolds, I noticed that one of the sunflowers from the bird feeder had fallen out and actually started to grow!  I ended up leaving it there and it will grow between two marigolds. It was really neat. 


While I was at Walmart I picked up 4 solar lights.  They actually work!  Yes, I am surprised when anything from that dreaded place actually works as it is supposed to.  I have a nice large spot in front of Faery Town that needs something, but I haven't decided what I will plant there yet, if anything. 

Below are my best pics from today. Enjoy!




As you can see, there is a lot of what looks like empty space, but believe me that it will grow soon enough.  Now, if we can just keep the weather from turning crappy again......

::endtransmission::

3 comments:

  1. Geesh, I wish I can garden. My green thumb turned red a long time ago, since I was born I guess. Much as I love wide spaces of flowers and shrubs, I just can't. You can give me a cactus and I swear it'll die in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psycho, I know you can garden! All the plants I have in the garden are hard to kill. That's why I got them..hehehe... you CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and one of the pansies died today and a squirrel dug up one of my corn seedlings. Not sure if the lettuce and broccoli are going to make it. Never count you chickens before they hatch and all that. Eeeep!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....