Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Death by Steak Knife/Drowning by Water

Sadly, I have to report another "death" in the family.  Death by steak knife probably isn't the best way anything can go, but that is what happened.  On Saturday evening I decided, against my better intuition (ugh!), that I was going to try to install the software for the printer that my friend gave me.  It got through about three or four of the installation items, then stalled.  I tried to get the disk out.  I called a friend who knows a lot about mac minis.  We couldn't together get the disk out.  I finally decided that I would need to take drastic measures to get the darn thing out and grabbed a steak knife from my kitchen and after an hour of prodding, trying begging and frustrating, I finally got the disk out.  It was scratched up beyond recognition and will probably not be readable in any future disk drive.  I tried to turn the mini back on, and the light went on, then immediately went out for the last time.  Goodbye, dear mini, you served your purpose well.  I will miss you.

On the bright side, the computer that needed the new power supply is in the hands of a friend who is a computer programmer.  Don't know why I didn't think to ask him in the first place, but he has it, and he said he could fix it good as new, OS and all.  Sweet.  He said he might be able to get it back to me today.  I really hope so because the names for LWT are starting to pile up because I can't get to that site at work.  It's been blocked for some reason.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he will get the computer back if not today, by the end of the week.  I hope he didn't have any issues.

Yesterday I did nothing.  I didn't even get out of my jammies.  I didn't go out to my garden to do any weeding.  I couldn't bear to look at all the marigold that are now dead due to the morning frost we had a few days ago.  I couldn't bear to look at the corn stalk that withered to a nice lush brown due to that same frost.  I couldn't look at the swimming pool that formed even though I leveled the garden out AND put up a wall to prevent the drain off water from flowing into the garden.  All of the flowers that were on that side of the garden ended up completely underwater except for the watermelon, and that only because it is in a high hill.  Oh well, I can always replant the marigolds in May when I should have, and I can replant the corn.

On the bright side, the bearded iris is doing really good.  I mean REALLY good.  It hasn't sprouted any flowers yet, which is nice because they probably would have  withered and died, too.  The lettuce and broccoli are doing good so far as well.  The morning glories that I planted haven't sprouted yet.  The package said about 7 days.  I think it's been two weeks.  Oh well, they probably drowned.  Gah!

It's another day at work today, in case you were going to try to put a huge hold in my dead computer theory.  Tuesdays are just about the worst work day that there could be.  Except for Saturdays.    I won't even get into it.

I hope that you are all having a great day.  Spread some of the love, would you?

2 comments:

Speak your mind and be heard....