Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Another 12 Hours

It's Saturday. Most of you are saying, "WooHooo Saturday!" Not me. It IS my Friday, but it's also the longest day I have of the week. Twelve long, boring hours of sitting in this office maintaining numbers, doing reports that no one reads, and entering data on a spreadsheet. The highlight of my day will be eating lunch. (Which is really good today, by the way!)

I've been asked by one of the APMs to bake some cupcakes for a bake sale to help support one of our sister sites in another country. Ok, no problem. They've been experiencing some really difficult weather and flooding or some other such thing. I think I'll be able to donate some great cupcakes for their bake sale.

I ordered my Soldiers' Angels dog tag the other day, and it came in the mail yesterday. I thought the package I had received were the stamps that I ordered from usps.com. I didn't even noticed the gold SA seal on the envelope until I actually opened it to find my dog tag. It is so beautiful. It has a raised, gold-colored SA emblem on the front and their mission statement (for lack of a better word) on the back. It reads:

May no soldier go unloved.
May no soldier walk alone.
May no soldier be forgotten,
Until they all come safely home.


I'm going to wear it everywhere. Hopefully that will stir up some conversation.

One of the other Angels is sending me some basic business cards until I can get my own made. I still haven't gotten my computer back from the girl who was going to take a look at it for me. I think that a few weeks is long enough to figure out what is wrong with it, eh? That is where all my good programs are sitting... Adobe CS3 Suite, etc. Anyway, at least I'll have those basic business cards to hand out. After I get them I'll be going to find that guy that I met in the grocery store last week so at least he'll have some more information.

I have answered a few of the TLC requests on the SA forums. Last night I went to the grocery store to fill a few requests. One soldier wanted a bunch of gummy stuff. I started his box by getting several bags of different types of gummy candy. I will probably put together a few hygiene products... shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, things like that. His box isn't finished. yet. BUT, I did finish the lady's box. She wanted things like soap, chocolate, and slim fast. I don't buy Slim Fast. I don't think it's very healthy. (Like chocolate and candy is, right?) I also put together three beauty kits (shampoo, toothpaste, soap, etc) so she can share them with a few of her female teammates. I hope they like them. I'll send those out on Wednesday after I get paid again. I'll be sending out more post cards, more greeting cards and more letters this week as well. I bought 60 stamps that haven't come in the mail just yet. Perhaps they will arrive today. I still have several of the previous 20 that I got at the post office, but those will go really quick. I know what I want for Christmas and Birthday!! More postage please!

I really need to get a small table. I already got a writing table so that I have some place to actually sit down and write, but the care packages are just laying on the floor. They are fine there, but I don't like sitting on the floor. I'd rather sit at a table. Even if it is just a card table, but a nice sized one would be better. I don't have a dining room table if that is what you're wondering.

Day 2 of bringing my lunch to work with me. Today is a small salad and cream cheese/almond/raisin wraps. They are really good! I also have apple granola crunch for a snack today. Go me!

Anyway, I've managed to kill about a half hour in the time that I've typed this in. I'm sure I'll be back later on today for more chaotic ramblings......


::endtrasmission::

2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad to hear that you're eating well. Regardless of if you're overweight, I'm a prime example that eating badly for years is detrimental to your health. It's so hard to bounce back from the damage done by a bad diet. I'm under-weight at this point and struggling to heal myself from the years of thinking that just because I was skinny I could eat all the pizza, pasta, donuts and fast food I wanted. Unhealthy food has completely torn apart my health multiple times now. It can be very difficult and expensive to pay so much attention to what you're eating, but the results are so much better for your health. I really hope you hang in there with this diet. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cheated today, but that usually happens on my days off because I'm rarely home to fix meals. I only cheated on lunch though. Breakfast and dinner are fine.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....