Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Some Things You Just Have to Restart More Than Once

Anyone who knows me well knows that I've been fairly heavy every since I hit puberty and it hasn't gotten any better. After giving birth to three children, all by C-section, I have pretty much given up on ever being thin or in shape ever again. When I was young I was very active in sports of all kinds. Softball being the one I loved the most followed with cross country, track, volleyball, flag football, kickball, basketball and I even attempted to play soccer one year. That didn't work out.

I was the girl who was always picked first for sports teams in P.E. The other girls hated it, and I think that was one reason I was always picked on in elementary school. But this blog certainly isn't about reliving my horrible childhood.

Several months ago I joined a website called sparkpeople.com. It is a fitness/calorie tracking website that helps motivate people into losing weight. It is a really easy site to use once one gets used to it. I've been tracking (on and off) my food since I joined. I've also joined a few teams, joined a few goals, and realized that what I was doing just wasn't working. Well, no. I take that back. I lost about three pounds before I got cocky and thought that I didn't need the site anymore.. LOL.. I still continued to track my food stuff, but I really didn't do it whole-heartedly. Then I started reverting back to my old eating habits.... fast food, pizza, etc. I've probably gained back more weight than I've lost in the last few months. Shame on me!

It's true that I had started the C25K program. (See other blog for more info on that) The weather turned really horrible, so I have to put that on hold. No matter. I'll restart that program just as soon as the weather regains control of itself. For now, I'll go back to hooping. It's a great workout. I haven't made very much time for it lately, though. I've been really entrenched in my Soldiers' Angels stuff, writing many letters and cards and post card in the last several weeks. I am starting to wonder if I am spreading myself too thin. Nah.. couldn't be that!

So, regarding my eating habits. I've REstarted tracking my food with even more empassioned fervor than before. I have taken measure to ensure that I will only eat the good stuff, leaving the other stuff to be donated (like the mac and cheese) to a local food bank. I can think of a few things that I really don't want in my kitchen anymore.

It's been a while since I actually made a lunch, much less a healthy one, for work. Today I have both and I am so proud of myself. (Hey, there's no one else to be proud of me.) I am looking forward to lunch as before I found food so boring, mundane and pointless.

So many people have the point of view that we are all going to die so we might as well die eating what we want. I used to have that opinion, but I would rather try to extend that life as far as I possibly can so that I can attempt to do all the things that I really want, and not be hindered by impending doom of diabetes or worse, heart disease. Ok, so I was kind of scared of the possibility of diabetes when I went to the eye doc the other day. I do NOT want to have to deal with diabetes. That would be horrible. I need to get my weight under control.

So, that's what I'm doing. I'm taking a stand (again) and reclaiming my life and my health.

Wish me luck!

::endtransmission::

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. It can be so challenging to get back one's health, but ya gotta do it! Believe me, I know...

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....