Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Conform? Me? NEVER!

This is mostly a supplemental blog entry. If you've read my previous entry, you know that I got new glasses yesterday. Now, being the thrifty person I normally am, I try to choose something that is economically sound, but hey, I just got my tax return, so I thought, "Why not splurge!"

Ok, I still had a budget. I looked through all the frames, and had actually found some online that I rather liked, but when I tried them on, they looked really awful. It happens, right? So, instead I looked through their frame cases. I saw some really expensive designers like Prada and Versace. I wasn't going to pay their prices though. I just picked something that I thought looked really neat and they reminded me of frames I had several years ago and was mostly within my budget.

So, earlier today a friend of mine commented on how I'd gone all designer with my new specs. I asked her what the heck she was talking about. The only thing on my glasses are a D & G. I was like what are you talking about, designer.

She said, "You mean you've never heard of Dolce and Gabana?"


Ummmmm... who?

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Poor you. Oh well, it's alright to splurge on yourself sometimes, even if you don't know you're doing it! I sadly would've caught that from my time working in department stores. If I had a dollar for everytime I secretly laughed at women spending hundreds of dollars on handbags that were hideous....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha! Yeah. I'm mostly a thrift shop kind of gal. No matter, though. At least I'd never be caught dead in a hideous, overpriced (or underpriced for that matter) dress! Even if I were skinny enough to do so.. haha...!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....