Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Garden, Lunch, Cards and Cats

The last few days have been great. I had them off from work, so that automatically made them awesome.

On Sunday I spent a few hours in the afternoon with the Magickal Harvest meetup group. Basically, it is a group for garden lovers. There were tons of books on the table and a lot of great ideas were thrown around. Mostly, we sat around and chatted about most everything except gardening. It was really fun. I think I was one of the only ones to actually plan out my garden, but I had already planned it out a few months ago. I did add a few new things, though, and I think that I will have room for just about everything I want to plant. The center piece will still be the butterfly bush that I will be training into a tree and white Shasta daises around the base. That will be really gorgeous. Pictures to come, of course!

Among the other veggies and plants will be the Asters that are already planted, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, corn, beans, squash, snap peas that will grow up one side of the gardena arch, and a few other nice flower varieties that have yet to be determined. Oh, and marigolds that will line the front as a sort of "wall" against too many bugs.

Monday was really a great day as well. I dropped off Raven with a friend for a few hours while I went to lunch with a guy. Now, before I go any further, I'd like to say that I don't do the whole lunch date very often. It is hard for me to meet people, mostly due to my schedule at work, and lack of a sitter most times. Ok, so moving forward.

Lunch was fabulous. I got the name of the restaurant wrong, but thankfully, he got to the right place. It had been a long time since I had been in Nampa, so I was just grateful to get it right. I will tell you that I was nervous. After a a bit of chatting, though, I calmed down and everything went smoothly. I did manage to spill a noodle on my shirt (gah!), but even that wasn't too terrible. We talked about things we have in common like previous employers and horror movies. It was really nice. I hope to see him again some time soon.

After lunch, Raven and I went to get the cards and post cards that we had promised to other Angels for their soldiers and some for my soldiers as well. I have one of those membership things at Hallmark, and I think this is one that I will be putting to good use. Thankfully, they also have Idaho post cards, so I stocked up on those. I think they are cheaper at Walgreens, but they don't have as great a selection as Hallmark does.

On the way home I realized that we hadn't gone grocery shopping yet, so we turned around and went to Winco. Most of the stuff I got was for the boxes for my soldiers. I am sending a care package to my adopted soldier and another one to a soldier I got through my LWT team. He had requested some extra stuff, and even though I know I am not obligated to send a care package, I decided that it would be a great thing to do. His box is filled with mini care packs of mouthwash, laundry soap, lotion, toothpaste, and deodorant, things like that. Along with those is a box of cookies and a box of Cheez-its that were specifically requested. I hope the like it. I'm not done packing these boxes yet. I think I'll find some good magazines to squeeze in there as well.

After finally getting home from the grocery store and putting everything away, I finally got to take a breather from the day. Raven played her V-tech game thing and I made dinner and we watched a few movies. I wrote the cards and post cards and Raven colored a picture and so all is ready to go out today. I think I'll run to the post office during lunch and eat my salad when I get back. Yeah, yesterday was a great day.

Now, if only I can get motivated like that to get Raven's room cleaned. Well, actually....

I have been pondering Raven's longstanding request for a cat. Now, she not just wants a cat, she wants an orange cat and wants to name it Ponytail. Yeah, yay for 5-year-olds. So, upon pondering this I told her that if she cleaned her room and kept it clean that we would get a cat. In order to motivate her into this we took a side trip to PetCo to look at the cats they have for adoption. They had some black cats and a few grey cats and at the bottom of the cages sat a HUGE orange and white cat named Munster. She loved that cat. It was the perfect cat for her. It is orange and it's not a kitten, but it's not too old, either. I could totally go for that cat although my favorite color of cat is black. But, this cat isn't for me, really, so I'll go with this orange one. It was beautiful. It might not be up for adoption when we are able to go back, and if not, we'll wait until a new one becomes available.

I just can't wait until her rooms gets cleaned......

::endtransmission::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....