Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Yesterday turned out to be quite busy.  I didn't really get to sleep in.  My internal clock is much too attuned to that most days.  I did get up, though, and checked my SA stuff, got the name of the day's soldier to write to.  It is really tough to write to someone I don't know anything about.  Who doesn't know anything about me.  Sometimes I feel my life is so boring that it isn't even worth blogging about much less writing to a soldier about.  Usually I send along comic strips in the Sunday paper, but I didn't even have time to pick one up over my weekend.  I really need to start doing that again.  Who knows if they find them funny, but I would think that it is different than the everyday "Hi, my name is..." routine.

I was going to send one of my soldiers some DVDs that had been requested in the comments.  Even though we, as Angels, do not have to send anything out that are in the comments section, I still thought that they would appreciate some movies until they get adopted.  So, I went and picked up a small flat rate box from the post office.  The description online said that is was about the size of three stacked DVDs.  Perfect.  Or so I thought.  Yeah, is was ABOUT the size of three stacked DVDs, but I couldn't get it closed because it was just a little too tall.  I'll have to wait until my padded flat rate envelopes come that I ordered online from the usps website.  I still sent that soldier a letter, and told her that I would send some movies for her and her team as soon as I got the right envelopes.  What a day!

I took Raven down to City Cuts to have her hair cut again.  She actually won a free hair cut at the Festival of Diana a few weeks ago.  We tried to go down last week, but WT wasn't there.  We made arrangements for a lunch date for yesterday and get Raven's hair cut while we were there.  She looks SO adorable.  Raven that is.  I am considering getting my hair cut the same way, which is really what I wanted the last time I got my hair cut, I just couldn't figure out how to describe it.


Yesterday I finally mailed out the boxes for two of my TLC requests.  I have two more boxes ready to go out as soon as I can get to the post office.  I don't think I've ever bought as much gummy candy in my life as I have in the last week!  I LOVE this volunteer work!

There isn't much else to my life right now.  I have no boyfriend, no husband, and not very many friends to speak of.  I spend the majority of my time with Raven or writing my soldiers.  I look forward to the summer when we can get out to the park again.  I want to take her to the water park they have here.  It looks like fun.  I am still planning on going to Southern California to see the Vile one, but sometimes I don't think he appreciates the effort I am making to make that trip.  I could be wrong about it, though.  Raven is HIS daughter, after all.  He'd better be somewhat grateful.  He'll never make the trip to come see her.

On the bright side of things, I should be getting my pc back in the next few days.  I can't wait because I've missed not being able to stream Netflix, work on picture collages and other things that I've been wanting to do.  I'm just looking forward to getting my baby back.  It's been with me for the last five years.


Those are my ramblings for now.  Thanks for reading!




::endtransmission::

2 comments:

  1. Why won't her Father come to visit her? That's really a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that he WON'T, but that he can't right now. He's working a job right now, but not making very much money. Although, I think it is a bunch of BS. He would hop a military flight up here if he wanted to. That's free. I really think he doesn't want to make the effort. He kicked us out when Raven was just two months old and since then I have been the one to make sure that he is still in her life. I would pick him up for lunches or drop by his place. Recently, he has been a bit better about calling, and he even sent money once since I've been in Idaho. I've been here two years.

    I don't want to make the impression that he is a bad guy. He really isn't. His priorities are just out of alignment at the moment. I can say this, though. I won't be making the trip to SoCal again for a while after this year. Not until he puts forth the effort to come see her himself first.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....