Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

How'd You Get Your Name?

Every so often I get a few people who ask me about the origin of Onyx of DarkLite. It's a weird name, it's a lame name, it's just so strange! I say yes to all, but it's a name that has stuck with me throughout the last several years.

It all started in Sacramento when I sang karaoke. Without giving my name away, I'll just say that whenever I would get up to sing, people mocked me by singing a song that I absolutely hate. So, I changed to Onyx. It's my favorite stone (see my favorites page) and the name of my first black cat that I had in high school. It isn't a very common name and I knew that I would always be the only "Onyx" to sing karaoke. It's worked well for me so far.

"of DarkLite" This stems from my promoting days in Reno. The promoting company that Raven's biodad and I started was called DarkLlite Promotions. Hence the Onyx of DarkLite. We promoted goth/industrial nights and live bands as well as hosting innumerable parties at our house. Those were the days!

Of course, I no longer do any promoting. I don't even live in Reno anymore, and most people here don't call me Onyx, which is fine, but for anonymity I still use it when I sing karaoke, because I swear to the powers that be if I ever hear that song again, I'm going to choke someone!

Ok, there you have it. The mystery is solved. I hope that you found that educational. Next question? Ask me anything within reason and I'll answer. Just leave a comment below. Oh, remember, this is a family site, so keep it PG-13. Thanks!


::endtransmission::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....