Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Another Lonely Day to Think About the Past

It's Saturday, but you probably guessed that from the date above, eh? Well, for me Saturdays are long and boring. I work 12 hours on Saturdays. It really wouldn't need to be that way if they would hire one more person in my department. All of us are tired of working the very long hours that we put in. Believe me, having three days off during the week is little consolation for putting in a ten, two nines and a twelve. I blog a lot on Saturdays on various websites that I have blogs on. This one is my most recent excursion into the blogging world. Anyway, I digress.

I've been in this position at work for...about ten months or so. I've been with this company almost two years, wow, has it been that long already? I will admit that the longest job I ever had lasted just about two years if I remember right. I usually get bored with a job and move on to something more challenging or different. This job is no exception, but with the economy the way it is, I really don't have the option of just picking up and changing jobs. I really want to though.

I may have written about this in an earlier blog, but I have gotten some information about getting my certificate in event/wedding planning, and I am really considering it. I have always been pretty good at planning events and parties, so why not just do it. I have it in the back of my mind that I just might be able to make something out of that, even if it starts out as a part time thing while I keep my mind-numbing, boring job just to make sure Raven and I don't starve to death. It could work.

Along with that, I have thought about putting together a '50s themed sock hop to help raise some money for Bella's Grove and/or the Soldiers' Angels. Not sure exactly the logistics on that, but either way, it would be fun, no? Soda fountain, jukebox, poodle skirts, leather jackets, do wop, the possibilities are numerous. It would even be fun to get a live do wop cover band or something. I'll have to check into that.

Mostly, I just miss planning parties and being out there in the thick of things. The memories of Dark Garden remain so vivid, and I cannot ignore them. I will admit that the group we had was not a huge one, but for the most part it was a lot of fun. I will never forget the last major theme night we did... The Broken Hearts Industrial Valentine's Night. Or some long name to that effect.. lol.. My friend, whom I'll call DMLover, helped me with the decorations and everything was so beautiful. People actually played the game I had come up with. It was awesome.

Those were the days, though my parents never could understand why I did the promoting. They always said I spent too much money, but my retort was that hobbies are often expensive, and that is what it was for me...a hobby and something I loved. I stopped for the most part after Raven was born. Five years later and I really want to get back into doing events, perhaps not on the goth/industrial level that I did before as Boise already has a very strong promoter, and I am not in the habit of stepping on toes like that, but something. I'll find a good niche.



Why shouldn't I do that again.......

A Blast From the Past/Sample of what I used to do.... Yes, I realize that some of the pictures don't work, but the site hasn't been updated since 2006.. lol.. That seems like yesterday, really.

Anyway, those are my chaotic ramblings for now...


::endtransmission::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....