Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Friday, February 11, 2011

The Proverbial Monkeys/New Soldier

I'm sure we've all been there. That financial feeling of utter dread. That feeling that you won't be able to get out no matter how much you work, fight, promise, beg and steal, you won't ever be able to get out from under the bills. This seems to happen every year for me in some way. Last year and this year it ended up being Raven's daycare expenses. Last year it was the purchase of a car that at the time seemed to be needed and was promised to be paid back. This year it was an unexpected move that caused me to become so terribly behind on the daycare.

Raven's daycare have been extremely patient with me. I tried to put myself on a plan after moving earlier in 2010, but I never got out from under the several hundred dollar debt that it ended up incurring.

Well, this year I did my taxes just like I do every year. Because I made so much more money in 2010 than 2009, I ended up in a higher tax bracket, oh goodie. So, that being said, I didn't get as much back as I did last year, but hey, it was enough. I got that return back today and was able to pay off the $1,130 in daycare expenses and get my rent paid. I've also put several hundred dollars away in my savings account, some which will be used to make my trip in April. I can't wait for that. After all that, I will have enough left to go grocery shopping, do some clothes shopping for Raven, and catch up on the rest of the bills. That's about it though.

At least I will have that monkey off my back.

*********************************************************************************

In other news, I adopted a second soldier yesterday. This one is actually a Marine. I was having a difficult time figuring out exactly where he's from, but I think that I will have better luck with the packages this time. He did leave some comments for me as to what he needs and wants. I think I am going to become very familiar with NASCAR by the time his deployment is over. hehehe...

I've sent him a card in the mail today introducing myself. Those are always the hardest. Really, no one wants to hear about my boring life. I mean truly that is why I joined Soldiers' Angels in the first place. So that my life would be a little less boring. If you are wondering, yes, it worked. Or is working. I have something to tell people now. Something that isn't just "I work, I go home, I take care of my daughter." I LOVE being an Angel.

They still need more volunteers to become Angels. If you are interested, please visit www.soldiersangels.org and sign up. There are teams you can join if you don't want to adopt a soldier. When I have been there for six months I will be eligible to join a few of the other teams, like the Angel Bakers team. I love to make cookies, cupcake and all sorts of other treats. When I'm there for two years, I will be eligible to join the K-9 team. I don't want to spread myself too thin, so we'll see what happens.

Ok, that is my public service announcement for the day. :)


**********************************************************************************


Everything else in my life is going pretty good. I still need to get motivated to get my apartment cleaned up. AND, I really need to invest in a writing desk. I've got paper, post cards, other cards, envelopes, and stamps just in a huge pile on my tiny computer desk, and it's a total mess. I can't hardly find anything and things keep falling off the table. It's really lame.

Now if I could get my laundry done and get motivated to get everything else clean I would be all set. I guess I've got the spring cleaning bug a bit early this year. I think I'll take a whole two days and just get it done. And find time to continue to run.


I'm going to be busy for a while I think.


::endtransmission::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....