Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tarot, Letters, Chocolate and Service

I've been having some issues lately keeping the days straight. On Monday I thought it was Sunday. Really? It was a holiday, yes, but a Sunday? No. On Sunday I thought that the tarot meetup was at 6pm. Turns out that it was really at 6pm. I did realize that just in time and didn't show up on Sunday to find myself in an embarrassing situation. I did go on Monday, though, to see what it was about. I have a set of tarot cards, but I'm not very good at reading them, and I never read for anyone else. My intuition is just not very pronounced.

I wrote many letters and posted many cards for the mail over my weekend. It's important to me to send out these letters every week. Almost as important as it is for the soldiers to get them. I haven't heard back from any of them yet, but that's ok. I know that they are out there. It isn't that hard to find out where they are and see, sometimes, the conditions they are serving in, the situations they volunteer for. That is why I joined the Soldiers' Angels. To help bring some reminder of home, a reminder that they are not doing this in vain. Not everyone supports the war over there, but at least we can support the troops. They go where they are told.

I signed up to send some food to a Marine unit who is nowhere near a PX. I wasn't able to send much, but I do hope that it brings a smile to a least a few of them. While I was in the grocery store, I happened upon a gentleman (using the term loosely) who basically told me it wasn't allowe to send food overseas. Tough shit. I'm sending it anyway.

I also packed up a box for a female hero who had requested a few things. I sent a few "beauty" kits along with a load of chocolate. Hey, we females NEED that chocolate when the moon is full!



There was a time when I thought I would join the Army. I went to the recruiter's office, took their test to which after getting the scores back the recruiter told me I could have my pick of any job I wanted. I pondered it for a few weeks. Going into the military is not something to be taken lightly. I waited too long. I ended up pregnant with my son and that was the end of that. I look back and think about how my life would have turned out if I had done things differently. I know I would be a different person than I am now if I had gone into the military instead of having a family. One that broke into a bazillion pieces shortly after it started, I might add.  No matter, what's done is done.  Now I have the opportunity to serve those who serve us.  It's amazing.

I got a pleasant surprise last night.  I got to see an uncle whom I had not seen since the last time he was in town.  He's a truck driver, so once in a while he makes a run to Boise.  I haven't seen the rest of his family for at least 12 years.  I have a cousin that I have never met.  It was nice to see him again.  He's one of my favorite uncles.  Well they are all my favorites.  I have four.  Anyway, I enjoyed our very short visit.  It was too short, but I'll be going to Utah in June for one of  my cousin's graduation.  It's been a long since I sat through a graduation, but I'm going mostly for family.  My mother is coming down from Alaska and I think my grandmother and my aunt will be there as well.  (Mom's side of the family) Yeah, it will be a good trip, if not a short one.

For now, though I'm just trying to stay sane. It's my Monday and I didn't really want to come back to work.  Does anyone really?

4 comments:

  1. I already declared a lifetime war against Mondays. Its been a major source of angst since I was in Kinder class. And I never really outgrew it.
    I love what you do for the soldiers. My father was in the U.S. Army and I know how much it means to them to know that they are remembered and loved.
    Meanwhile, you should be collecting kisses if you're Irish! Top o' the mornin' to ya! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Psycho! As a matter of fact I am part Irish. I'll collect all the kisses I can get. Even if they're cyberkisses.. hahaha..

    And yes, DOWN WITH MONDAYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha screw that guy, I send food in my care packages as well. According to SA, food items are the most requested things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly what I said! What are they going to do, throw all the Angel Bakers in prison? hahaha.. now, wouldn't THAT be a hoot! The whole cell block would have the most awesome baked goods!

    BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....