Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just an update - Nothing More, Nothing Less

Not too much has happened in the last few days. I sent in the paperwork for the CNC position. After I got home from that, I noticed that one must be a Soldier Angel for a minimum of six months before getting that title. Ooops. Oh well, I wrote the lady I have been corresponding with and let her know that if I wasn't able to become one right away that I had no issue waiting the extra four months. Until then, there is still plenty I can do for the troops overseas. I've been dreaming about different types of fundraisers and things of that nature.

I really cannot believe the crazy weather we've been having as of late. Two days ago it was 60 degrees and yesterday morning I woke up and birds were chirping and the sun was shining. Later on that day we got a dusting of snow and this morning I awoke to four inches of snow and slick roads.

Spring, hurry up and get here!

Today I brought some post cards into work for anyone that might want to write a word of thanks or encouragement for the troops. I have 9 total. We'll see what happens.

I haven't had such a passion about anything in a long time. It's always been about my survival and the survival of my daughter. Now that I'm out of survival mode (stable job, apartment, food, clothes, etc) I have begun to give back to humanity. Yes, soldiers are part of humanity. People might not always agree to the reasons they get deployed, but they are still part of us, part of our country. They deserve our respect and our support. And, I'll do that in any way I can.

So, now it's back to work. Back to the mundane job of managing numbers. It's a living, and one that allowed me to get out of survival mode, so I really cannot complain. It's easy, and gives me time during the day to think about other things......like my soldiers.

::endtransmission::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....