Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Babble on!

Work today is going to be Hell on Earth. Not so much that I'll get in trouble for anything, as that is rather difficult to do, but when numbers get low, or stats start to drop, that's when the higher ups are looking at my department saying, "What's going on?" First thing in the morning I walked into a service level that is below 80% and even farther down that than. All I can do is go on from here and try to manipulate the numbers as best as I can.

Other than that, today should be fine.

In other ramblings, I haven't gotten any new members to my new hooping group, but that's ok. It can be tough to get people to join a group, especially one where one might have to have a specific type of email address to join. I don't know if that is specifically the case with yahoo groups, but I chose yahoo because it is something that I am familiar with. Sure, I could find the groups section on Facebook, but it is outside my comfort zone for right now. Perhaps if the yahoo group bombs, I'll look to moving to Facebook.

Now, I do know that there are other hoopers in Boise, and even a few teachers here and there. Sweet, fine, good. I have yet to catch wind of anyone doing freestyle hoop jams either at home or at one of the thousand parks in town. That's where my group comes in. I do hope that it explodes into something really great. If not, the no worries. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I am also excited about starting school again real soon. I think I might have mentioned this before, but perhaps not. I will be going back to school to get my certificate as an event/wedding planner. I have always enjoyed throwing parties, and handle the stress fairly well. I just think of what I could do with someone else's budget. hehe...but seriously, I have always wanted my own business, and I think that I could make this work, even in the economy we live in. Wish me luck!

I haven't quite gotten back in to the swing of things at work. I have a regular schedule that is somewhat irregular and hasn't been steady since the schedule changed. Either I'm out of town or one of my two co-workers are out of town or a day needs switching or something like that. There are only three of us in our department, so we have to be flexible as possible like that. No matter. I would just like to get back into some sort of routine.

When's my next vacation??

I am planning to see Raven's biofreak in April. I hope to be gone for 12 or 13 days. It takes a good 17 hours or so to drive down there, so I will probably break that up into two days. Or, perhaps not. I don't know just yet. What I do know is that I will be getting my ipod (or some other mp3 player) replaced as well as my tape deck fixed or replaced. I am NOT going to make that drive with no music to speak of. Oh, and I think I'll upgrade my cell phone to something that actually gets a signal farther out than ten miles away from any one city. Sheesh, that last trip was rough. It has been forever since I've been to Southern California, and the one time I did go, I promised myself I wouldn't ever go back. Perhaps this time will be different. I am looking forward to it.

Ok, I'm out for now. I'll write more, as I have not much else to do.


::endtransmission::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....