Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Dear Spring,

Please hurry up and get here.  You tease me with the birds who chirp, the squirrels who come eat my offering, and the flowers that are springing from the ground.  Spring, you let me down the other day by snowing.  Cold weather does not spring make, and you truly dishearten those of us whose only intentions is to bask in your beauty, and plant seeds in your womb.  I have seedlings that are nearly ready to be planted, but I cannot because you refuse to cooperate.  Please Spring, hurry up and get here.  Patience is not one of my virtues.

Sincerely,

One of Mother Earth's Daughters


************************************

Ok, now that that is out of the way, you may have noticed that I have revamped my blog (again).  Plan on that every month or season or so.  I really dislike looking at one thing for too long. Don't you?  It turned out a little darker than I had hoped, but I can't figure out how to get rid of that translucent gray area over the picture.  I decided that it is better to have it there, than try to find a color text that works well with every picture.  At least most of the colors match.  :)

There is a squirrel who has come by the past few mornings.

Mr. Squirrel, a quiet friendly, not-to-skittish creature has visited us a few times this week.  The last three days, actually.   He is rather friendly, and I would love to come up with another name other than Mr. Squirrel.  Any ideas?   Today I decided that I didn't want to waste my precious salted peanuts, so I left him some raw slivered almonds that I ended up not liking very much.  About twenty minutest later, he showed up to dine on the offerings.  He's such a cutie!  Raven really likes him a lot. Below is a picture of the first day he showed up.  He's totally posing!


The little bugger decided to take some of the peanuts that day and bury them in my garden, which you can see the corner of in the above picture.  I can't wait until it is warm enough to plant whatever seedlings I end up cultivating.  I have broccoli, lettuce, green onions, tomatoes, corn, and watermelon seeds attempting to grow right now.  You can guess whose idea the watermelon was. :)  

I noticed that the bird feeder is also slowing emptying as the birds gradually figure out that there is food in it.  I haven't been able to get any pictures of birds actually using it because they are so skittish that they fly away when they sense any movement whatsoever.  That's ok.  I'm just glad that the Dollar Store hanger I've used to hang it is working out so well.  It hasn't fallen over.  Great item for the price!

It's Friday, but not yet my weekend.  Tomorrow is the dreaded 12 hour work day.  I really dislike working these funky hours, but I have yet to be called on the other job I applied for.  I think that is ok, though because I got to thinking about how difficult it would be to find someone to watch Raven for evening hours instead of just having someone pick her up after school or something and watch her until I Get home.  I only work three days during the week, so it is only those three days.  I will have to think about what I'm going to do.  Thankfully, I have until August 24th to get it figured out.  I think that's the first day of school.  I'll have to double check.  

I won't stress myself over it, though.  I WON'T!  Besides, the only thing that leads to is a massive amount of overeating, and I don't want that to happen.

It IS chocolate time.  The only time during the month when I will allow myself to eat chocolate, or any other candy.  Sugar seems to help me relax a bit.




::endtransmission::

3 comments:

  1. I think spring should stop teasing as well...and the squirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love springtime. And chocolates.
    Oh and I love the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Thanks Kimberly and Psycho! I love springtime, too. I just wish it would get here!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....