Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Very First Award... The Stylish Blogger

Wow, this is an honor!  I hope I do this right.  I was given this most awesome award by Aya_sama at A Series of Moments I believe she mentioned something about my layout and background.  hehe, I rather liked it, too!


"Rules! We've got some rules around here...!" (Extra credit for the one who tells me where that quote comes from!)


  • Thank the person who gave me the award, and link to them.
  • List 7 things about me.
  • Pass the award on to 15 newly discovered bloggers I think deserve it.
  • Contact them, and tell them about the award.
Let's see:  7 Things about me that you can't already get from my other pages over to the right.....

1.  I love to go hiking.  I haven't gone hiking since I moved to Boise.  When I lived in Lake Tahoe, I went hiking all the time.  It was the guy I was with at that time who got me the most interested in hiking. I haven't had the chance to go hiking in Boise yet, but I think I just haven't found the right motivation.  There are no snakes in Lake Tahoe due to elevation, but here they run rampant.

2.  I am a HUGE fan of horror movies of all types.  Cheesy, scary, old, new, black and white, color, it doesn't matter.  Bela Lugosi is one of my favorite old time actors. hmm.. I really should add him to my list of favorites over there on the right-hand side.  

3.  I never lie.  There is absolutely NO filter between brain to mouth, so if you don't want to hear the truth, don't ask me.

4.  I used to be a DJ, private party bartender, club and live band promoter, and comedy evening hostess.  All those at the same time, too.  Man, those were the best three years of my life.

5. Anyone who has followed me for a while has heard me write about Raven.  She is my youngest daughter.  What you might not know is that I have a son and another daughter, both older, both living elsewhere.  That doesn't mean I love them any less.  My son will be known as Eagle, and my older daughter will be known as Nightingale if I ever write about them.

6.  I am a hardcore fan of singing karaoke.  I used to go singing 6 nights a week.  That was before kids. I sing songs usually sung by males because my voice is a low alto. 

7.  I was born in Reno, NV.  A dusty, dirty, fun town that I miss very much on certain days.  Like the days that hold Hot August Nights, Street Vibrations, The Hot Air Balloon Races, The Air Races, The Chili Cookoff, The Italian Festival, Kite Flying Day.. just to name a few.

Now, let's see. Who to give this award to that doesn't already have it.  That's a tough one.  I don't follow a whole lot of blogs that DON'T already have this award.  




Hmm.. that only appears to be three... sorry.  Sue me.


Thanks again for the award!  It is an honor.


::endtransmission::

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the award. :) I will add it to my blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on 2 and 3. And hello Ms. DJ. That's a delightful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Psycho, that seems like a lifetime ago now, but I'm glad to surprise.

    @machinegun and klazy..you are both most welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....