Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Human Decency, or the Lack Thereof

Good morning, Faithful Readers.

I am so livid. Why you ask?  Me? Who feels nothing half the time?

It all started when I decided to go out last night to sing karaoke.  I knew I should have just stayed home.  Oh well, that was my first mistake.  My second mistake was not looking at the card that was given me when I left the second bar I was at.  The first one I was only at for as long as it took for the bartender to tell me that I had to spend a minimum of ten bucks just to use my card.  That was AFTER he already made my Midori Sour.  I took my card and left him with the drink.  I didn't even have that much money on my card.  I don't even drink that much, but I know how important it is to buy stuff at the establishment you are going to.  That's how they stay in business.

So, I went to the second bar.  A really crappy song selection for karaoke if I do say so myself, and their staff isn't that friendly.  I ordered a pineapple juice and when I gave my card to the bartender I told him to just keep it open because the juice was only one dollar and I know that it cost money for them every time they swipe the cards that come through.  I only ended up staying long enough for one juice.

I went to the bar to get my card and the bartender just threw me the card and said not to worry about it.  Sucks for him because I was going to tip him a few buck for the trouble of pouring my juice.  I left in a hurry.

This morning I went to purchase water, as I do most mornings, and upon paying, I noticed that my pin number wasn't working.  Strange.  I tried it three times, then the clerk tried to run it as credit.  It came back declined.  I looked at the card... It wasn't mine.  (Like you knew that wasn't coming.)  Ok, so the crappy bartender at the second bar gave me the wrong card number.  No problem.  I could always call later on in the day to see if the bar still had my card and I could return this card.  You know, like a decent human being would.

I get to work today and check my account.  Apparently, I'm the only decent human being in this town.  The jerk who got MY card ran up $1800 work of paypal charges.  Not even MY Paypal account.  It looks as though they have added my card to their paypal account or something.  So much for human decency.  This really sucks because if I don't get those charges reversed before Tuesday, my check will hit and I will still have a negative balance on my account.  *sigh*

Thankfully, my bank is open on Saturdays, but not until 9am.  It is currently 7:35am here as I write this.  Be sure that I will drop whatever I am doing and call them at 9am sharp to get this straightened out.  I don't care if I have to go to whomever is the top dog in my bank's company.  Those charges WILL get reversed and my card canceled.  It will suck to be me for the next few days without my card to access my account, but as long as everything gets taken care of in a timely manner I will be ok.

I think I have learned two very good lessons with this.  NEVER go out on a Friday night when I know I have to be up the next morning.  And, ALWAYS check the name on the card that is given back to me.  I don't know why I didn't think about that before I left the bar.  Chalk that up to sheer stupidity.  I guess I am too trusting.  I don't think that I'll use my card at any bar ever again.  I'll always take cash with me.  There are just too many shady people out there, and I am WAY too trusting, I guess.

Be sure that I will keep you all up to date on the progress of this little mishap in the life of me.  I am just very glad that I have nothing coming out of my account automatically, like bills or whatnot.  I do have rent, car insurance and my phone to pay with this upcoming check.  Goddess, I hope that I get everything straightened out before Tuesday.

::endtransmission::

4 comments:

  1. Ohh, man I'm really sorry to hear about all that, sounds like a nightmare! But really, who can blame you, how many of us actually look at the name on our cards when someone hands it back to us? Long as its the right color, right? I think you'll get it straightened out. Maybe they can trace that person's paypal account back to them and they can get some much needed justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can only hope so. A friend of mine thinks I should file a police report. I've never done that in my life that I remember. The sad thing is that I have some other guy's card which I will be returning to the bank on Monday. I just hope that they are able to reverse all the fraudulent charges. I wonder what I did to bring Karma's wrath upon me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Card Fraud IS a global concern. You must always be careful with the establishments you use it for.
    I have personally cut down on my usage because ot the all too many shenanigans. I can feel you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, there is something to be said about using cash in this plastic world. Bah!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....