Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

McDonalds, really?

 I had told her that we had a play date with a friend, but I didn't tell her where we were going. Wide-eyed, full of expectation, my daughter and I pull up to the Golden Arches. She about jumped through her chair.  We don't go there very often because of how bad their food is (healthwise), and as any of you have been following my blogs know, I have been trying to watch my weight.

We go in and Raven's friend is already there.  We'll call her ... Sparrow, for the sake of this blog.  Raven and Sparrow run off to play in the towering monstrosity that is the McD's playground.  Sparrow's mother and I talked about all sorts of things, as mothers do, when all of a sudden we hear the loudest screech...


Coming from the teenagers who decided they were going to act like children and climb on the equipment.


Now, I really don't like to be a killjoy.  I am all for kids of all ages having fun and acting like imbeciles whenever.  After all, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  But, McDonald's?  Really?  You have NO other place to act like a screaming heathen than in an enclosed structure that resonates and reverberates loudly?  You can't find a nice park?  The mall for goodness sake?  You MUST climb on equipment that is not made for your big body?  You MUST show off how inconsiderate you are by blowing by toddlers and little kids? Seriously..........

Of course I made my disdain shown because I really have a hard time keeping my mouth shut.  And as rude teenagers that most teens are these days when they want to be rebellious, they talked about me behind my back when they thought I wasn't listening or couldn't hear.  I also made my opinion vocal about that as well.  Sparrow and Raven weren't even behaving that badly. And Sparrow is only almost 4.

Then their mothers show up...... and I could totally see where they get it from.

Now, I know there might be a few teens that read this, and I know that you are probably thinking that I am just a selfish adult, but really, and I KNOW you've heard this one before.... when you finally have kids, you will understand....

But, until then, teenagers, please continue to show the world how immature you really are.  You all want to be treated like adults, then for goodness sake... ACT LIKE IT!  I also know that there are a lot of really great teens out there, and for that, I applaud your upbringing.

********************

Now that I'm done ranting about McD's, I can talk about the rest of my weekend.


I ended up going to the Dollar Tree and I am always surprised when I go there.  They have some of the cutest things, and yesterday I found some awesome stuff for my garden.  I found a few plant hangers, one of which I will hang a birdfeeder and the other which I will hang a butterfly wind chime that says "Believe".  I also got a few other things to stick in the dirt.. decorations.  I'm sure I'll post pictures when all is said and done.

I also got stuff to fill the rest of the care packages for my soldiers.  I found more Easter stuff for the Easter boxes and things like sunflower seeds, raisin, etc for the regular boxes.  Don't think I'm always so cheap when it comes to things for the boxes for my soldiers.  I'm not.  But, as I said, sometimes the Dollar Store surprises me with the really neat stuff they have.

I sent out a lot of letters this week.  Lots of cards, lots of love.  Raven colored a few pictures for our heroes as well.  What I really need is a printer, but I am not going to get one until I get my PC back from my friend who did in fact determine that it is the power supply that went out on it.  I won't get that back until she fixes it and I can pay her the money for doing so.  That won't be until I get my next check which won't be until the 7th.  Bah, I really need a printer!  But, I am not going to pay the $40 extra to get one that will be compatible with OS 10.4 which is what my Mac at home is.  And now, I'm not just going to get a new mac and the one I have really isn't upgradeable.  I'm not worried about it.  I'll get my PC back and all will be well with the world.  I rant about needing a printer because my hand starts to hurt after the first two handwritten letters.  I also think my letters to them would be longer in the long run, too.

So far, Raven's room has been as clean as it was when we last cleaned it for two weeks or so now.  Or is that one week.  Time simply flies for me and I really lose track of the days and whatnot.  It is already March. I think that if Raven can keep her room clean until we get back from our trip to SoCal, then I will go ahead and get her that cat she's been wanting.  It might be nice to have a cat again.  I do get tired of animals quickly, which I why I haven't had one in a while other than Neelix.  He's easy, though.  Just clean his cage, feed him, play with him every so often.  Attempt not getting bitten, and we're all set.  I suppose a cat is even easier than that.  Feed it, water it, clean its litter box and make sure you pet it daily. Yeah. That might be nice.

I'm at work today, then off tomorrow.  I'll have a new name for the Letter Writing Team tomorrow, so more letters going out.  I think I'll find a paper and clip the comics again.  That seems to be nice, but since no one has written me back, I don't really know for sure.  I can only hope that what I send will be just what they need to help them get through their day.

Anyway, I'll close by saying, "Thanks for reading!"  You've all been great!


::endtransmission::

3 comments:

  1. I love the dollar tree too! That's where I buy alot of things for my soldiers, as well as myself. And I really agree about the teens of today. Which is crazy, because I myself am not that much older than them! It's amazing the changes that happen in a small generation gap. I think in the last decade or so parents have virtually stopped disciplining their kids. My brother and I knew at a very young age that if we acted up, we would get spankings, or grounded or whatever else and frankly I'm glad we were raised that way. A bratty child ends up a bratty adult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. You would never catch Raven behaving that way. Well, she's only 5 so who knows what she will be like in ten years. Hopefully, I will have raised her to have more respect for people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really irritating when people behave irresponsibly in the name of having fun, especially when children and the elderly are concerned. Kudos to you, you put them in their place.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....