Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Supergirls and Super Heroes

The past few days have been really fun and interesting.  Raven had her first ever sleepover at our place with just one friend whom we'll call.......Butterfly.  Raven and Butterfly are becoming the best of friends.  Butterfly is about a year and a half younger than Raven, so Raven takes every opportunity to be a bit bossy.  I am trying to squash that quickly.  It is hard for them because they are both strong-willed girls.  And, they both live as only children.

The night started out with the girls wanting to play dress-up.  It just so happened that last year Raven was Supergirl for Halloween.  I had found the one costume at a thrift shop, but it didn't come with all the pieces.  I finally gave in and went to the Halloween store and bought her a brand new Supergirl costume that had the accessories, so she ended up with two costumes.  The girls dressed up in them, and they looked like a super pair to be sure!  I wish I had my pictures, but they are on the computer at home.  I think I'll probably add them later on.

For dinner that evening I showed them how to make mini pizzas, and they had a great time rolling their biscuits, spreading out sauce and choosing their own toppings.  It was great fun.

The girls watched movies, played with legos, played games, left nuts for the squirrels, and altogether had a really great time.  I think they both wanted their space back by the time Monday came around, but in the end, Raven missed Butterfly a lot.

I got my new debit card in the mail yesterday, so that is one step closer to being back to normal.  I just need to get my checks ordered and the money still needs to be credited to my account, then I'll be all set. I am a little disconcerted that it is taking longer to get that money credited this time around than it did last time, and this time it is less than $50 that needs to be done.  Oh well, I will call them later or something. I hope that something like this never happens again.  I will certainly be more careful in the future.

One of my Marines unadopted himself.  I felt a little disappointed by that, but totally understand the reasons.  On the bright side, I did hear from the third hero I adopted via email.  It was really great to be in touch.  The only one I haven't heard from yet is my first soldier I adopted.  It's ok though.  I just hope that he's doing well.  Nothing has been returned yet, so I can assume that everything has been getting to him.  My Easter boxes are going out tomorrow I believe.  I ended up with an entire Easter box due to the unadoption of my Marine. I think I will split up the extras that I didn't put in the third box into mini Easter boxes for a few of my Letter Writing Team names or perhaps my Ladies of Liberty names.  Yeah, that sounds like a good idea... in theory anyway.  We'll see what happens.  :)

Nothing new yet on the new and improved me, but I'm still working on it.  I'll probably be working on it the rest of my life.  I'm ok with that.

I did get around to leveling out my garden plot.  Hopefully there won't be anymore swimming pools when it rains.  I will see how packed the soil gets after the next time it rains to see if I need to add more or not.  My not so nice neighbor was outside while I was doing this and suggested that I use some rocks on the side where the rain gutter is to prevent that water from seeping into the garden.  Duh, really?  It would actually clash with my fencing, but I think I can figure something out.  Besides, I am hoping that by leveling it out it will not pool up anymore.  And, once I get everything planted that I want, that should help it, too.

Some of the TVW ladies got together on Sunday to make sand scarves for some of the deployed heroes. it took a lot longer than we thought due to the ironing involved.  (We don't like to do anything half-assed.)  We only got about half done, but that's ok, because that just means that we will be able to get together next time to finish.  It was great fun.

I think those are all the ramblings that I can spew out at the moment.  Please feel free to leave comments, suggestions, hate mail or compliments below. I enjoy reading it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....