Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Work, Needles and School

Good morning faithful readers!  I am glad to be here this morning.  Let the Ramblings begin......

Yesterday was a little bit ethereal for me.  The morning started off raining, then suddenly went to snowing, and it snowed for the better part of the day, BUT, it didn't really stick and by the afternoon, the snow turned to sleet.  I hope that my bearded iris that sprouted survives that.  It should be fine.  It is still the only living thing in the garden right now and I am looking forward to planting everything else.

In the morning I took Raven to the clinic to get her shots for school.  I thought that she might need two, three at the most.  Including the flu vaccination, her poor body got stuck three times in each arm.  For those that can't multiply, that's six shots altogether.  The first one she just kind of said, "Ow", but then she either realized that it actually hurt or she was just milking the moment because the tears started to fall and she quietly screeched after each remaining stab.  I really can't blame her.  I am part of the population that cannot stand to be stabbed.  I will say that she bruised really easily.  Perhaps she is not eating enough bananas.

After the clinic, I stopped by the school to pick up the registration packet.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.  Just the standard questions.  I'll have to bring her birth certificate and her shot records and proof or residency, things like that.  I think I know where here birth certificate is.  Hmm.. I'll have to find that today.

She was such a good girl that I took her to Raedean's.  If you ever visit Boise, you simply must eat there.  They have the largest, tastiest cinnamon rolls, the best sausage and bacon, and their French Toast is pretty good, too!  Raven ate hardly anything, which again, I don't really blame her for, but she did have two glasses of apple juice and the orange slices from her plate and mine.

I wasn't feeling too well, so I let my letter writing duties fall by the wayside for a day.  The night before, though, I hand wrote 12 letters to a team of marines.  It doesn't become clear how very boring one's life is until you try to write to a bunch of marines that you don't know.  It was hard coming up with different aspects of myself to write about.  But, if they put their letters together, they will pretty much come up with my life story.  How sad is that. LOL!  I also put a care package together for them which I will send off on Thursday.  I sent out St. Patty's cards to two of my adopted soldiers and one is going out on Thursday for the TVW adopted soldier.  A friend took the card by for everyone to sign it.  Hopefully they do.

On Sunday I went to coffee with the TVW and spent most of my time cutting out Sunday Funnies for various soldiers' letters.  I figure that they would appreciate a little humor in their lives.  We also sent out 15 post cards.  One of the young ladies (8 years old) was having a great time writing some of my past LWT names.  Of course I kept the addresses secure as per my agreement with SA.  But, I wasn't going to deny her the chance to show her appreciation for the troops.

Aside from that, I got a lead on a very promising new job.  The schedule is a little wonky, but truly it would be perfect and pretty much solve my issue of how I'm going to handle working AND having Raven in school.  I'd work at night, pretty much, but I'd be able to be there to take her to school AND pick her up. I would just need to find someone to watch her in the afternoon/evening and be there to put her to bed.  That might be a little bit harder to do, but I have a friend who lives in my complex who might be willing to help me, if I get the job.  Hopefully I will get an interview at least.  It took me three hours to fill out the online application because they wanted ten years of work history and if there was a gap, they wanted to know why.  AND, I have had so many jobs in the last ten years that I actually forgot one of the main jobs I had while I was pregnant with Raven.  LOL.... It was a pain to say the least, but a pain that I hope will actually prove to pay off.

This job has really good benefits.  Medical and sick leave, and it's a casual environment and I could listen to my mp3 player if I wanted.  I wouldn't even mind the monotony of the work.  At least I wouldn't have to deal with cranky supervisors who act like children when they don't get what they want or get caught doing something they shouldn't be doing, or advisors who like to think they get away with murder on the call floor when in fact we see everything thing do.  I'm tired of being a glorified babysitter who gets as much respect as a substitute teacher.  Wish me luck!

I'm not sure if there is anything else that is newsworthy of my ramblings today.  I'm thinking that I will just do my work in silence today.  The coworker that I'm working with doesn't talk a whole lot, and when he does it is usually about WoW, which is something that I'm not really into.  He's a nice enough guy, but we don't have much to talk about.

Have a most wonderfilled day, and remember, "It can't rain all the time....."

::endtransmission::

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job! I'd be sold at mp3 players allowed, lol. I feel your pain when it comes to writing letters to strangers, but I'm sure you're more interesting than you think you are. :) Funny you would mention bruising from needles. I had about 10 or 11 total vials of blood drawn last week, and both my arms are still bruised! I look like a junkie! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, three hours is a lot of pain. I wish you the best for that Job Interview. Keep the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I think I will perhaps need it. If it is in the cards for me to have this job, then I am all for it. I think I could live on 32 hours a week for right now. Getting used to the schedule might prove a challenge though.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....