Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Supplemental Blog: Computers Bite!

My computer i still not fixed, and it won't be fixed.  It turned out that my hard drives are toast after all.  Well, not totally.  The girl who was fixing them said that she couldn't find the operating system on either drive, which is a total crock because those are the same drives I've been using for the last five years.  But, whatever.  I'll be getting another computer next month, so as long as I can possibly retreive the info off of the old drives, then all is well. If not, no matter. I have most of my stuff backed up on data disk.  Including my beloved Adobe CS3 Suite.  *phew*

I didn't really like being accused of screwing up my own computer.  The damn thing worked just fine before I left for the funeral in February.  When I got back, the computer wouldn't come on.  The power supply was not working.  Ok, fine, so it got replaced.  I got it back only to find that it was missing a file that is required to boot up.  Ok, no problem.  I asked my friend to see if her boyfriend actually tested the darn thing before he just sent it on its way.  I never got an answer.  Whatever.  I did some research on the issue and I took a look inside the tower.  The drives weren't plugged in.  Ok, again, no problem, or so I thought.  I suppose it is possible that I plugged the drives in backwards, but I doubt that even that would be enough to fry BOTH drives.  Whatever.  My computer doesn't work, so I darn well better be getting my money back, considering that I'll be turning over the power supply that she put in.  No big deal.   What I want is for the data on the hard drives.  And, even if I don't get it, oh well.  I'll survive without it.

But, for any of you looking for my blog button, it is going to have to wait until I get the new computer.  Sorry.

Either way, I'll be glad when this is all over.  And the moral of the story is:

Just leave the stinking computer ON when you go on vacation....


LOL..

::endtransmission::

2 comments:

  1. Haha, this is like something that would happen to me XD

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Meh. I still haven't gotten it back. No matter. Most if the info is backed up. i was just waiting for something like this to happen. :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....