Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Trip Postponed

After careful consideration, I have decided that I will not be making the trip to SoCal in April after all.  I just cannot afford it at this moment.  I have to register my car before the end of the month, which means I also have to have a smog check done on it, too.  That is a mere matter of $18.  (The people of Boise seem to think that is expensive.  I came from Reno where it is at least twice that amount,)  Registration is somewhere around $35 as I recall. BUT, it still has to be done and is enough to through my financial plans for the trip into chaos.

I will probably go this summer, perhaps toward the end before Raven starts school.  It will depend on if I get that job, though.  I haven't been called back yet, which is disappointing, but I am not going to discount it just yet.  I think it took the company I currently work with about a week to call me the first time.

Vile will be disappointed, I think, but that's just tough.  If he really wants to see Raven, he can jump a military flight up here and spend a few days with us.  Yeah.  I think he should do that.  He finally has his uniform, so he is out of excuses.

I work 12 hours today as it is Saturday.  The time change is coming tomorrow.  Goodie.  Bleh.  I don't like the time change.  I think that it is an outdated tradition that really doesn't save a whole lot of money like they say.  It messes with humans' metabolism, so to speak, and frankly I am tired of it.  I suppose that griping about it isn't going to do anything.  Writing my congressmen won't do any good either as I live in a farming state.  I think the farmers like Daylight Saving Time.

It is still too early to plant anything in my garden, but not too early to start seeds in my house.  I just don't have anywhere suitable to put them.  No shelves in any of my windows that get enough light.  I'll have to think about that for a moment.  I also have the minor issue of the big hole under my window in the garden.  Every time it rains, the Faeries get a new swimming pool.  I do have some topsoil that I plan on working into the garden and filling up the hole.  Hopefully it is enough to discontinue the flooding that occurs.

Ah, the garden.  What do I plan on having in it you ask?  A lot of different things, I hope.  I have a garden arch against my window.  In the middle of it I plan on having a butterfly bush that I will train to be a tree.  Up one side of the arch I plan on growing snap peas, and on the other side I will have cherry tomatoes that I will train to grow up the side.  Hush, it will work.  I also plan on having some stalks of corn, some beans, some cucumbers, a bit of squash, lettuce, green onions, some shasta daisies, marigolds, the bearded iris that is already sprouting, and other various herbs... mint, etc.  Raven thinks we have enough room for canteloupe.  We might.  The plot is only about 4 feet by 8 feet or so.  Maybe a little longer.  I've never measured it. We'll see what happens.  There are sure to be pictures soon.  If I don't get everything planted that I want this year, there is always next year, and who knows.  I might be in a house with an even bigger garden area.

Thank you for joining me for my ramblings today.  Please leave your comments, suggestions for further ramblings and whatnot.. I love comments!

Currently, Pandora is playing "Drops of Jupiter (Live) by Train







::endtransmission::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and be heard....