Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Vile Ramblings...

If you've been following my blogs for any length of time, you know that I have been planning a trip to Southern California to see Raven's biodad.  I am starting to have second thoughts about going.  Actually, I am having second thoughts about going in April.  I do want to go, but I think that I might have to put it off for a few months.  I should probably save a bit more money, and if I get that new job, that I haven't interviewed for yet. .hehe.. then I will probably need to save some money as my hours will end up being cut down for a while.  Everything is so up in the air about that right now.  We'll see what happens, I guess.

If I get that new job, I won't be able to go to SoCal anyway because I'll be working and won't have any vacation time for another year.  That will rather suck, but I'm willing to go through that again if it means being there for Raven while she's in school.  Her dad will just have to hop one of those military flights and come see us.  Yeah, I don't see why I should have to pay all that money to make the trip when he could simply do that.

I just told my team lead about the fact that I've applied for this other job.  He totally understands my position, and I told him that of course I will give two weeks notice.  I'd HAVE to give it. They need time to train someone.  Of course, when they hired me, they'd been without someone for two months.  I'm not going to wait around, though for them to hire someone if they don't do it in the two week time frame.  But, first thing's first.  I need to get an interview first.  I am doing all I can to make sure that I bring enough mojo so that it happens.  I guess I should go update my resume.  Bah!

Everything else is going well.  I have no complaints for once.  Tomorrow is the day we register Raven for kindygarden.  I am so ecstatic about that.  It isn't until the afternoon.  I guess I am looking forward to going school clothes shopping for her.  That's the most fun.  Shopping for clothes for Raven.  She looks good in just about anything.  She isn't overweight at all.  She has the body I had when I was her age.  I didn't gain any weight until I hit puberty, and I am hoping that I can instill some healthy eating habits for Raven before she hits that age.  But, I digress...

There are some changes coming, I can feel it in the wind.

*****

And, as if by some cosmic power, Raven's dad called.  We'll just call him Vile, as that is what he calls himself these days.  So, Vile and I talked for a little while about the trip and he really does want us to come down.  He wants to wait, though, until he gets a bit of dental work done.  I guess he's really let his teeth go all to hell, but he's had bad teeth since I've known him.  I don't blame him at all for wanting to wait for that.  He thinks that I'll still be able to come down in April, but I might have to put it off for a week or so.  No big deal.  As it turns out, my lead's birthday is that first week in April sometime.  I know he will want to take it off, so I can wait and postpone my trip until later.  

I still don't know all the details, but I am sure that I will be blabbing about them as they come up.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.  Sorry no pictures this time, but I am at work, and I am pretty sure that I have to get something done before I leave tonight.


::endtransmission::

2 comments:

  1. Hey Onyxo, dont think too much, it will work out fine. Wish you all the best for your new job. My love to Raven. How old is she? My daughter will be going to nursery in June.

    Take care of yourself & Raven.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....