Namaste and Welcome

I see you have chosen well, but be warned that my blog is exactly as it states... ramblings. You won't find this blog overly political, religious or much anything else. I write for me. Well, I write for you, the audience as well, but mainly for me. Would it surprise you to know that I've been keeping a hard diary since 1986? (yeah, I just dated myself.) Well, writing in the book has become painful, so I blog. I have many blogs on other sites, which is why this blog only has a mere few, but do know that I plan on maintaining this blog a bit more. I will probably not post a picture or use real names of any of my friends or family, if the blogs turn to that nature. There, you are forewarned.

Please do subscribe and enjoy the mindless babblings of the one otherwise known as Onyx of Darklite.......

Oh, and hey, would you mind feeding my fish at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Neelix 2009-2011

Neelix was someone that always brought a smile to our faces.  He was friendly, happy, loving, and fat.  He couldn't run a race to save his life, but that is what we loved about him.  Me made his home in his wheel as well as in our hearts.

His purpose in this life was to teach Raven about death.  That when we die, we don't come back to life.  She cried for hours after I gave her the news that her favorite hamster, well, her only hamster, has passed away.  He was just over two years old.  Exact age unknown because I really didn't think to ask when we got him.  He lived with us for almost two years.  He competed in the last two hamster derbies, losing miserably each time, but Raven and I had fun, and that is all that mattered.

Even I cried for a short time upon discovering that our beloved pet had gone on to Hamster Heaven or wherever they go.

We have not yet buried him.  I am waiting until we can give him a proper funeral and whatnot.  For now he is lying in the cage with his eyes partially open.  I tell people he woke up dead.

Raven really really wants an orange cat.  I'm not ready to have a cat yet.  I do owe my end of the clean room agreement though, and I don't plan on disappointing her.  I am one who keeps my promises.

For right now, though I think that we will just mourn Neelix.  Perhaps we will watch a bunch of Star Trek: Voyager episodes with Neelix in them.  Yeah, I think that might be appropriate.

Raven and Neelix on Derby Day 2009 a few days after we got him.


::endtransmission::

2 comments:

  1. Aww ... sorry for your loss of a sweet pet. It's always a truly sad day for anyone who has one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Psycho. Raven was still crying this morning. We buried him in the garden last night. I even shed a few more tears... I didn't think I would miss him this much. We will probably go find a new hamster next week.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind and be heard....